Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert on Oprah TWEETS

Filed Under ( ) by Admin on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Posted at : Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Here are some tweets by people who were there. That gives you an idea on what the show will be about next week.

inscrutable7
When he talked about how he still had insecurities everyone's heart broke a little! By the way, he did NOT act insecure at all. LOL. half a minute ago from web

beautifulsoul29
the beginning of the interview was about him being gay and coming out to RS. he said he didn't want to be labeled while on idol less than 20 seconds ago from mobile web

inscrutable7
Oprah was very complimentary and positive about Adam. Their video back story on him was nicely done. It'll be a great show! less than 20 seconds ago from web

beautifulsoul29
he doesn't like when people call him "the gay singer" or the "gay runner up" half a minute ago from mobile web



inscrutable7
I don't think she asked him anything new. He retold the story of meeting Madonna and how he was starstruck. Talked about Monte. less than a minute ago from web

beautifulsoul29
a very sparkley ring. his jewerly was sparkling in the lights. it was beautiful 1 minute ago from mobile web

inscrutable7
He talked about decision to take action and realize his dream but no mention of drugs, burning man, or dropping acid. Sanitized story line. 2 minutes ago from web

inscrutable7
Adam went off the stage immediately after he was done. I don't think he went out a stage door afterward, but I didn't think to look. less than a minute ago from web

beautifulsoul29
was wearing a thin over jacket...greenish dark blueish half a minute ago from mobile web

inscrutable7
I couldn't tell the diff b/w the first WWFM and the 2nd. They both sounded GREAT to me! He did the falsetto on both versions. @adamlambert less than a minute ago from web

Elle_Higgins Btw a certain kiss was shown, uncensored.

inscrutable7
Adam said he visualized what he wntd from life and then took action. He compared visualization to prayer; "almost the same thing." 1 minute ago from web

inscrutable7
Oprah watched Adam from the audience, but I didn't really catch her reaction. I wasn't watching her at all at that point. @adamlambert half a minute ago from web

beautifulsoul29
oh he also said that NEVER thought that he could win while on Idol 1 minute ago from mobile web

inscrutable7
So glad the performance wasn't live b/c we got to see all the redos. People were yelling that he could keep redoing songs all afternoon! half a minute ago from web

inscrutable7
Adam got whistles, "I love yous", lots of spontaneous yelling. Two people in audience said they had never heard of him before. Huhhh?!?!?! less than a minute ago from web

inscrutable7
They played FYE and Fever to warm up the crowd before hand. Everyone was dancing and clapping and cheering. Very enthusiastic. @adamlambert half a minute ago from web

beautifulsoul29

he acts the exact same when the cameras were rolling and also in between breaks. he was smiling and saying hi to the audience in b/w taping
half a minute ago from mobile web

beautifulsoul29
he said why does him being gay have to go before him being a singer 1 minute ago from mobile web

sad.gif sad.gif

inscrutable7
SuBo got down off her chair and did the infamous hip swivel. Her voice IS very strong. Enough said about that. Back to Adam. less than a minute ago from web

inscrutable7
His mom was so proud of him. She was up dancing and singing from the audience but no questions or interaction with her on tv. less than a minute ago from web

Mombert wub.gif wub.gif

inscrutable7
There was NO discussion of the album at all other than Oprah giving the name of it and telling people to go buy it. half a minute ago from web

inscrutable7
All the questions were about the personal stuff, achieving your goals, living for your true purpose, coming out on RS, etc. less than a minute ago from web


beautifulsoul29
he wants to accepted by who he is as a person less than a minute ago from mobile web

inscrutable7
Some discussion of the AMA's and the gay, but not too much. I would have been perfectly happy with less. He came across very well. less than a minute ago from web

beautifulsoul29
to be* half a minute ago from mobile web

TommyJoeRatliff
Eatin at chilli's with @monteriffic,@longineu &@justcallmehorse. less than 20 seconds ago from UberTwitter

beautifulsoul29
and i met Tommy. Monte, and Longineu!!! got pics with them all. sooo sweet to the fans! half a minute ago from mobile web

inscrutable7
She asked him whether he feels lonely; he talked about how he is sometimes. He said the first week of Dec was hard for him. Sad. less than 20 seconds ago from web

inscrutable7
Everyone in the audience got a free album. Shocker! Several people said they were hoping for a car. half a minute ago from web


inscrutable7
There was chitchat b/w Adam and O in between segments. I tried to hear what they were saying, but I couldn't!! Fail. half a minute ago from web

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there. I tried!
I hope Adam has a good time. So was He and SB at the same time? Or they each had their own time?

Anonymous said...

I love Adam, and I want what is best for him. I got the impression several times that he does not want to be known as the gay Singer. Why can't we just look at him as a Man. I do! He is a tallented, sweet , sensitive human being, that i respect very much.



















g

Anonymous said...

I've only ever looked at Adam as an incredible talent, a handsome man, and a wonderful human being. He just happens to be gay. So?

Anonymous said...

I just watched THE OPRAH AFFECT on MSNBC> They were talking about what happen to you if you were on OPRAH. IT"S HUGE!!! I am so thankfull that she invited Adam. He is going to be HUGE thanks to OPRAH.
Adam is PYRE talent. and now the WORLD is going to see it. LOVE ADAM!!!

Anonymous said...

Same here. I see him as a beautiful, charming, giving, generous, talented, unique, witty, smart, gorgeous, man who changed my life. The fact that he is gay and open and chill about it makes him just more admirable. His sexuality is a part of him, it's his attitude about it is what makes him even more amazing :)
I do think people should just get over his sexuality and focus on the man with the beauty, personality, and package!!!

~ Enmaline ~

Anonymous said...

Oh s*** I didn't mean package. Well he has that, but I didn't mean that, not in that way, even though you can't help but notice it, not that I'm a perv, but . . . .
I'm gonna stop now, I'm blushing and completely flustered.
I meant he has the beauty, the personality, and the talent. He's the complete package.

~ Emmaline ~

Anonymous said...

Wish I could go back in time and eradicate that "one" performance. It was too focused on sex and took all the emphasis away from his music. I'm afraid it will take a long time to repair, and that makes me heartsick.

Anonymous said...

Agree with comments that we need to take sexual orientation out of the picture. We don't call Barry Manilow the gay guy with the Vegas show. Sir Elton John took some hits, but his talent just overshadows everything, as will Adam's. However, all that being said--Adam needs to "straighten" up his act. And he won't do that! I love the guy liner, but he pushes the envelope in terms of appearance. He pushes the "gay look," so he should be prepared to be the gay singer. Honestly, I think he's a bit confused about the image he wants to project, and that is entirely understandable considering the fast pace at which everything has happened. Use the voice Adam. That's ultimately what people love. Leave that dam* pathetic pop crap alone. It's not melodic. It's noise and electronics. It's not music. Yes, I love the album, and if he can continue to mesh the sounds, that would be great. When he starts out like Miley Cyrus on "If I Had You," it's too much for me.

Anonymous said...

^^ but when he performs live, that kick ass glam rocker edge that we love inevitably comes out. It turns all of his performances into his a rockin dance song with his vocals that are unrestrained by the album. Miley can only dress like a hoe and strut around stage; she doesn't have any more to bring to the table. Adam always has something new that he pulls out of his bag of tricks.
And with his appearance, I think Adam is VERY strong on that. He knows his personal style, and he rocks it. The gay thing is tied to that, but I think it's more he wants people to stop making the huge deal about him being gay. I think he just wants It to be as simple as 'yea I'm gay. I wear guyliner. I'm a performer. Let the deal be about my being an entertainer, not a homosexual.' people just aren't agreeing.
Also he rocked the guyliner on idol and not EVERYONE (granted some people did) claimed 'he's idols gay singer' until he actually came out.

Anonymous said...

onlt AMERICA is SO hung up on the AMA> IT"S OVER!!!! NO ONE CARES anymore. Adam was on OPRAH. IF that's not a sigh that Adam is in a GReat place then you don't know shit.

Anonymous said...

as a fan, i have worried about how the ama thing was going to linger. days of checking all these sites to make sure adam was okay. reading everything i could to make sure people were giving him a chance. well, today i feel better. funny thing is coming home today i heard wwfm for the first time on xm. me and my daughter cheered and drove past our house just to stay in the car and enjoy the moment. not sure why it meant so much, but it did. felt like my daughter's age, 12, all over again.

Anonymous said...

I love Adam and have loved him since he first appeared on AI, but I am confused about his not wanting to be know as ony a gay singer. If that is the case, and I feel that is the way his career should be moving, why, oh, why did he call attention to himself with a sexually explicit gay performance at the AMA's. There are other famous gay entertainers who just entertain without calling attention to it, ie Elton John.

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of "straight" singers out there. Why don't we preface all our comments about them with "straight singer"? That seems so ridiculous, doesn't it? Seems equally ridiculous to say "gay singer". In my humble opinion.

Anonymous said...

I will sit through 10 of Adam's pop songs (all very good) to hear him rock out on just one rock song because when he's in the zone and singing rock and roll, there's no experience like Adam. His rifts can't even be duplicated, I believe. He's the rock singer/performer EVER.

Anonymous said...

I thought he was going to get to perform two songs, but it sounds like he only did WWFM?

And the rumors that he and SB were going to do a duet? At first I cringed at the tought, but then the idea of hearing Adam sing parts of Wild Horses (per the rumor) melted my heart and most of that resistance.

Anonymous said...

i don't get it! did he perform 2 songs or just one?!!

cherch said...

"i don't get it! did he perform 2 songs or just one?!!"

His 2nd song If I Had You will be on Oprah.com only.

IreneRose said...

I think some of you don't really get Adam. He is who he is, he does not want to be put in a box. What he did at the AMA's wasn't any different than what female performers have been doing. Yes he kissed a guy, well I would expect him to because that is part of who he is. I for one don't think he has anything to be ashamed of my only disappointment that night was his vocals which were not spot on, I think he was beyond nervous that night. Ok enough said about AMA's but those of you who keep saying what Adam should and shouldn't do really don't get him at all. I say Adam you rock and I can't wait to see what you will do next. Go Adam Go.