Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert Album Sales Update

Filed Under ( ) by Admin on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Posted at : Wednesday, March 31, 2010


Adam Lambert was the only American Idol act on The Billboard 200 to see his album sales actually increase last week -- not bad, considering he hasn't even been in the country to promote the album. For Your Entertainment sold more than 8,000 units, a six percent increase over the previous week.

Meanwhile, Danny Gokey sees a third straight week of significant drop-off since his impressive debut, dropping below the 10,000 weekly mark for the first time.
.
Various, Now That’s What I Call Music! 33 (135,000, debut, 135,000 total) (feat. Daughtry’s Life After You, Kris Allen’s Live Like We’re Dying, Adam Lambert’s For Your Entertainment)
Carrie Underwood, Play On (15,000, -9 percent, 1.425 million)
Kidz Bop Kids, Kidz Bop 17 (11,000, -1 percent, 158,000)
Danny Gokey, My Best Days (10,000, -33 percent, 114,000)
Adam Lambert, For Your Entertainment (8,000, +6 percent, 578,000)
Various, Now That’s What I Call Music! 32 (8,000, -29 percent, 858,000)
Daughtry, Leave This Town (8,000, -7 percent, 1.002 million)

SOURCE: usatoday

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Danny Gokey is sinking fast. I'm glad Adam turned out to be the only successful one from AI 8.

Anonymous said...

Download numbers from Idol Chatter:

Adam Lambert, Whataya Want From Me (54,000, +7 percent, 756,000)
Kris Allen, Live Like We’re Dying (46,000, +2 percent, 1.2 million)
Daughtry, Life After You (28,000, +9 percent, 574,000)
Carrie Underwood, Temporary Home (21,000, +3 percent, 337,000)
Carrie Underwood, Cowboy Casanova (13,000, -4 percent, 1.259 million)
Kelly Clarkson, Already Gone (10,000, -6 percent, 1.306 million)
Kellie Pickler, Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You (5,000, -15 percent, 243,000)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (4,000, -8 percent, 2.967 million)
Danny Gokey, My Best Days Are Ahead of Me (4,000, -21 percent, 79,000)

Anonymous said...

i hope adam WWFM will reach platinum!

Anonymous said...

I`m really, really happy for Adam and Kris. They both deserve to be successfull. I just wished Allison would join them in these charts.

I was never a fan of Gokey for various reasons. He won`t be in the business for long anyway. Adam and Kris are so much more talented(...and handsome,polite,intelligent, open-minded etc.)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disagree with the above, But Kris is NOT handsome.

Anonymous said...

common people, everybody has their own opinion anyway anon 2:49 is also an adam fan. no need to be kill joy anon 4:08. just saying this for peace sake.

bec said...

anonymous 12:08pm
I'm an Adam fan too but don't say he is the onlyl successful AI8 - Adam sold more albums than Kris but Kris is over a million for his single - so - they are both doing well - I would like to see them both do better, but they are both working hard and doing well

Josh said...

Offering my own opinion:

EFF Kris....He can't even sing and can BARLEY play guitar! He is NOT very talented.

Danny...F*** HIM! Seriously!!! He DESERVES TO FLOP!

Allison...I wish she did better but she didn't! She is way more talented than Danny or Kris. I honestly feel kinda bad for her!

Adam deserves his success though and even deserves way more than he has(but I think that will happen with his next album)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the posts about Allison. She is very talented and hopefully will do better...kind of like Kelly Pixler...latently better!

Anonymous said...

the best Adam Lambert !!!! the rest history !!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a teen - but I got Allison's album to support her as I think she is truly talented and amazing. Her album is a great and fun ride for teenagers (not tWeens but real teens) and I wish her team and lable would promote her more - if her fan base type could/would hear the album - I think it would catch on. As a 30 something, I actually love more than just a few tracks! I think Scars is awesome actually. Anyway, blah blah blah - but I just think Allison is great and I hope something happens w/ her album.