Skinpress Demo Rss

Ryan Seacrest Dishes On New Year’s Eve, ‘Idol’ Rumors

Filed Under () by Admin on Thursday, December 31, 2009

Posted at : Thursday, December 31, 2009



by Victor Balta

I talked this week with Seacrest and Larry Klein, the executive producer of ABC’s New Year’s Eve bash, about what makes this show so special, and the impact the 80-year-old Clark makes when he appears on screen. (The coverage from Times Square kicks off at 10 p.m. on ABC).

Seacrest also talked about the recent controversy around ‘Idol’ runner-up Adam Lambert, what’s in store for the show with new judge Ellen DeGeneres on the panel, and about all the speculation about the show’s future, including the reported departure of surly Simon Cowell.

Ryan, you literally stood next to Adam Lambert throughout his rise this year. What was your take on the “American Music Awards” thing and the fallout since?

RS: Well, the AMAs aren’t my show, so it’s probably a better question for Larry. He produced the AMAs. So it didn’t have anything to to with me. But I’ll tell you the one thing I did with Adam, which I think was simultaneously, was on my radio program we had a concert booked for Adam, Kris and Allison to the most pop city, based on votes to our web site. So while all of that (AMAs controversy) was happening and things were going on in the news and headlines, we’d already done a deal with him to put him on a stage somewhere in America, which we’ve just decided to do. So I’ve been working with him, but the AMAs were Larry’s show.

Larry?

LK: Well, yeah, we had Adam on the show and he did what he did, and we did rehearsals and what we did in rehearsals was not what was on the show that night. But it is what it is. He got caught up in the moment and went for it, and it was a big finale, so, I don’t know. It was his performance.

I’m not sure if it was confirmed that he would be on the New Year’s show or not, but…

LK: Well, no. We’d talked about it, and we were talking about it, but at that time, when I’m in middle of the AMAs, my head is in AMA mode. But, yeah, we were talking about it as one of the possibilities, but, other than that, no (he wasn’t confirmed). There’s no ill feelings, there’s no anything. I saw him a couple of weeks ago, we laughed, we joked. It is what it is.

Dick Clark always told me, years ago, the stage is for performance. Dick always said, I really don’t care what people do on stage, I care what they do off stage. Adam is a terrificly nice guy off stage, and that night he got caught up in his first big performance, and he went for it.

SOURCE

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just hope that the AMAs invite Adam back to perform next year. That's the only way I can move forward with ABC and truly leave the bitteerness I still feel behind me. Until then, I'm not watching the network unless Adam is peforming. My personal boycott!

Anonymous said...

Interesting how Ryan jumps in to hold up his concert contest with Adam, Kris and Allison. Does he really think anyone would have bothered to vote unless Adam was in it? Adam IS the show!

h235 said...

Funny how Ryan changes his opinion to suit who's asking the question! He cant even "Man UP' to his own sexual preferences!!! He's not fooling anyone!! Adam is twice the man he is!!!

Anonymous said...

Ryan is a spineless douche bag-he only thinks of what's good for Ryan. He could have done a lot more to promote Adam.

Anonymous said...

no ABC for me !!!!GO ADAM !!!

Anonymous said...

I would watch fox'S news tonight? before I would watch ABC !!!!

Anonymous said...

WILL WAIT FOR ADAM ON U TUBE !!!! NO RYAN !!

Anonymous said...

NO RYAN !!!!!!!

lola said...

i hope 2010 will be a good year for adam and everything happened at AMA will be forgiven. adam is a terrific entertainer and deserves to be recognized. please ABC, dick clarke, larry klein have a good start with adam. thanks

Anonymous said...

Photo above with Seacrest and Clark is totally photoshopped. Loved Dick Clark when he emceed American Bandstand back in the late 50's, not so much anymore.

Anonymous said...

I won't watch ABC, but I don't think what happened was Ryan's fault. He doesn't have that much clout and he isn't that heavy handed to take a big stand one way or the other I don't think. Whatev....

Anonymous said...

This is just more lip service by Klein and Seacrest. If it really IS what it is, then ABC should take a stand and do what's right by Adam. They're not, so I'm still boycotting ABC unless Adam makes an appearance. I still find it ridiculous that the haters and religious zealots used the children as an excuse for their ire! It's a new year and a new decade, however, and I just hope that the country, as a whole, can manage to move forward and beyond the silly overreaction that resulted from one among the many "adult content" music awards performances that took place that night. Other than missing out on the television exposure, Adam made out better at Gridlock than he would have at the Dick Clark event anyway. The audience at Gridlock definitely made out better!