Skinpress Demo Rss

Brian May Suggests 'Strong Possibility' For Queen + Adam Lambert 2023 US Tour In New Interview

Filed Under () by broddybounce on Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Posted at : Wednesday, November 16, 2022

 
Brian May was interviewed in Variety by music journalist A.D. Amorosi on November 16, 2022.  He was asked the following question about future plans for recording and touring with Adam and answered accordingly:
Next year marks 12 years since Adam Lambert became a part of Queen. You recorded “Lucy” on his 2015 album, “The Original High.” After all this time, is there any chance of you, Roger and Adam recording new music together, and will the three of you tour in 2023?
 
There’s a strong possibility that we’ll be going out together again. We’re talking about that as you and I speak, making those decisions. Now, it does get to be more of a decision as you get older. I’m not 35 anymore, and leaving home for two months is not easy. But we feel as like if we’re all fit and well, that we’d like to go out there one more time. It would probably be in the United States in 2023 at some point. I’m hoping that happens, but it’s a strong possibility. The new music thing? I’ve got to tell you it hasn’t happened yet, but we do bring the subject up. Generally, when we are together, the live show is all-consuming. There isn’t really time to discuss any studio action. We feel as if the live stuff is what the public wants. And when we’re not on tour, Adam has his own career — he just gave me some stuff that he’s working on for his next album, and it’s remarkable. So, I suppose that the opportunity to make an album together doesn’t come up, but I’m not saying that it couldn’t happen.
 
 
 

8 comments:

BettyC said...

I know the album they did with Paul Rogers was a failure. Their reluctance is understandable. But still I loved that they just did an original song with Adam to celebrate their collaboration.

Dee R Gee said...

It is great news that we will likely get a QAL tour in 2023! Gotta start saving up for it. LOL Quite honestly, I'm not that interested in new original music for QAL. If it never happens, I'm fine with that. When QAL has run its course, Adam has a whole solo career to continue with. I hope it's full of interesting ventures that take him to music and beyond.

Adam has told us that he has lots of stuff in the works for 2023, new music being just one part of it all. Should be exciting!

Sunflower said...

Hoping it'll happen, if and when they come to my part of the country I' ti my lidt) but llff buy my tics and I better not end up in the boondocks like the last time. Grrrrr Adam is still in New York so I guess he does like a bit of cold weather! Tonight ET Canada will have an interview with Adam, hoping a Glambert from Canada can record and post the video. Also many Glamberts are panicking on Twitter! Glamberts are saying their goodbyes and thank yous because of the caos with Elon Musk and the exodus of many Twitter employees that people are saying its the end of Twitter and it'll be closed. I say "don't panic"! I am NOT leaving Twitter, staying put! Adam is the sole reason I'm on Twitter (of course I added more to my list) but Adam started it for me as well as coming here to 24/7! My go to sites for info on Adam and so grateful for them!

Sunflower said...

Me again, in my prior post I meant to say "I'll buy my tickets". Thats all Lol

Dee R Gee said...

Just musing about where Adam and Oliver will be for Thanksgiving. Sometimes he goes to Eber's and sometimes he goes to Leila's. If they're still in NYC, they will still have time to get home to CA. (If they made reservations ahead of time, LOL) I have never traveled out of town on Thanksgiving by plane. Always very hectic! I'm lucky my family is close by. I'm hosting this year.

broddybounce said...

ET Canada posted the interview finally — and I just posted it here! Thanks for the heads up, Sunflower!

Sunflower said...

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, went to one of my brother’s house for dinner. I didn’t have to cook the turkey this time. Lol. Also been rearranging furniture in my living room thinking where will I put my Christmas tree and Nativity scene, because I get bored decorating the same way each year. Lol.

You’re welcome Broddy on that heads up on the ET interview. Here’s some more Adam news. A Glambert had posted on Twitter that she was at a taping of The Voice for a future upcoming episode and that Adam performed a song. She didn’t say what he sang. Adam is now in London no doubt for that New Year’s/lottery (or whatever it really is) on December 6. On December 17 Adam will be singing only (according to Shoshanna) on the Jonathan Ross show. Tonight I saw a preview from Jimmy Fallon’s newest music show called “That’s My Jam” where he has Celebrities guessing the names of songs ( something to that effect) and Adam will be on it also, this show starts next week on the NBC station channel but I don’t know when (what week) Adam will be on. Wow a lot of Adam for December and I love it! ♥️. So broddy and Glamily mark your calendars so we won’t miss Adam! Oh yeah Adam is suppose to release new music before the end of the year, gulp almost forgot about that!

Nanbert said...

Great news for Adam...he's SO in demand...and also great news for Glamberts! I hope we'll get videos of all his upcoming performances here. I am SO dependent on 24/7 here for all my Adam news, performances and appearances. Hurray for OUR GUY!