Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert's 'Glam A Classroom' raises nearly $15,000 for students

Filed Under (, ) by Admin on Thursday, July 1, 2010

Posted at : Thursday, July 01, 2010



Superstar Adam Lambert has gained international fans since the debut of his first album, For Your Entertainment. The singer who is currently on the highly successful Glam Nation tour has taken the time out repeatedly to urge his fans to get involved with the project and donate whatever they can. According to his recent update via Twitter, the Glam A Nation project has raise $15,000 dollars.

Lambert writes to his fans via the social networking site:

"Glam A Classroom is close to $15K for students on @donorschoose! Sign up to learn more and win prizes; http://bit.ly/glam-nation"

Lambert had previously made a statement on the project, thanking his fans:

"I can't thank my fans enough for getting involved with the Glam A Classroom campaign to provide much needed resources for public schools. I wouldn't be where I am today without the support of amazing music and theater teachers, so I want to help foster the next Ansel Adams or American Idol."

Adam Lambert has been very involved with the project, and has proven himself to be not only a talented artist, but someone who is very interested in giving back. For the American Idol Gives Back show, Adam Lambert donated a blue jacket that he had worn for Michael Jackson week when he was competing on the show.

Examiner

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of him for doing so many good deeds!

Love the Examiner for writing about Adam everyday.

Anonymous said...

yay glamberts are so generous!

Anonymous said...

Adam is a generous, terrific person as well as a "hot" rock star.
Just wanted to comment about that "Bucket List" answer Adam gave. He was asked what 5 things he would want to do before he dies. I have only commented once on this site, but I read it everyday. It is fantastic! The answer he gave ( the last thing is personal and I'm not going to share it) is pure Adam to me. I think he is the greatest tease. Also, I was a little miffed at the criticism by an apparently "gay" responder to the women here who think he wants to make love to a woman. It got a little inappropriate ( fisting, etc.) First of all, if you have read interviews you know that Adam went through that " slut stage". I am sure just like he could have any woman, he probably could have any kind of gay sex he wanted as well. I think he is teasing everyone a little bit. Adam is a good guy, a mega talent, and he has integrity and class. Just so you know, my only child is gay, "not just my best friend" and he is very conservative...much more than I am. SO there!

Anonymous said...

Loved that you spoke from the heart during your last sentence, anon 4:09 PM. The world slowly but surely realizes more and more that, like straight people, gays are not a singular entity, but a diverse group of people all of them deserving of total respect. Adam Lambert is such a great role model for young people because he is true to who he is, and this from the get go. He himself does not want others to copy or imitate him, but only live their own lives to the fullest. Congrats to him and to us for opening our minds and hearts to EVERYONE!

Anonymous said...

@Anon July 1 6:26 -
Perfect
MGF

Anonymous said...

Thanks anon 6:26. You responded to what I wrote perfectly. I should have added that Adam is a great teacher, too. My sign in the Pride Parade was a quote of his: Love has no Orientation.

lmb ( anon 4:09)

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous 4:09PM & 6:26PM
Very good comments above. That's what I love on this 24/7 site: if I come here 10 times a day, I «learn» with you people 10 times a day, by your comments full of knowledge and honesty. As sweet Adam says, «Thank you, thank you so much!». Fan4fun