Skinpress Demo Rss

Another GREAT REVIEW! "QUEEN With Adam Lambert: BACK ON THE ROAD IN 2014" "And Then Along Came Adam.."

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Posted at : Sunday, July 27, 2014

Another GREAT review: From Auburn Hills, Michigan

From Hot Metro Finds.com

 ***Be sure to read the whole review! 



"QUEEN With Adam Lambert: BACK ON THE ROAD IN 2014 "AUBURN HILLS, MICHIGAN"

 "- I wasn’t paying close enough attention when I heard the news of Queen hitting the road. Worse I was so out of it that I didn’t keep up on the latest developments with their new lead singer – Adam Lambert. Then I found out they were rolling through Auburn Hills and playing at the Palace. I had to make a decision to either go or sit this one out. Now I’ve never been to a real Queen show and to the best of my knowledge I was never able to make that happen. I remember a few years ago they did a tour with Paul Rodgers. The attendance was so poor that they didn’t keep their momentum going. I was pretty sure I would never see them back on the road again. I was just a kid when Queen and Freddie Mercury were selling out arenas all over North America and Europe."

"So when I got the news I was on the fence about going to check them out. I would have missed out on a great show if I didn’t go. It turned out Adam Lambert tore it up and brought back the fire from the original touring days of the band. It was an electrifying performance to say the least. Lambert not only cradled every note from the Queen catalog but also brought the songs to new and unexpected heights. It was a thrill seeing these songs brought back to the arena. Adam Lambert of course comes from the American Idol stage and an openly gay performer and knows how to command an audience. He is in no way competing with the memory of Freddie Mercury but offers another chapter of the ongoing rock legacy. Or should I say rock royalty?"

"After the passing of lead singer Freddie Mercury I had written this chapter of rock off for the history books. I was pretty sure that it was going to be end of the band........." 

"Then along comes Adam….."

READ THE REST OF THIS AWESOME REVIEW HERE! Much more..
http://hotmetrofinds.com/queen_adam_lambert_palace_auburn_hills_michigan.html

3 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

This is a very good review. It's pretty impartial, too. This person is a Queen fan but doesn't seem to be a fanatic, and he's pretty unfamiliar with Adam. So he went to the show with a pretty open mind. Loved all his comments. However, I'm very greedy, and I wish he had commented more about Adam specifically. But hey, this guy thought the show was great.

VOTING!

DRG

yada said...

The picture....Yummo. ;)

Unknown said...

Perfect review, from an unbiased point of view. I loved the words "a touch of old and New" that pretty much does describe how Adam sings these songs, with respect but in his own very special "Adammy" way.