Skinpress Demo Rss

Byroncooke: A few words on last nights QAL show in Melbourne!!

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Monday, September 1, 2014

Posted at : Monday, September 01, 2014


All of my American friends on twitter told me what to expect tonight. I was smashed with messages over the past few weeks (including a recent warning that I would “roll over and die from awesome”)
I read the amazing reviews & watched the Youtube videos posted by fans. I was even fortunate enough to chat with Adam Lambert about the Queen tour before it landed in Australia.
On the subject of fronting one of the worlds most legendary rock bands and standing in the place of arguably the greatest frontman of all time, Adam’s attitude was absolutely on the money.
“It’s never going to be the same without Freddie. Freddie Mercury is a one of a kind icon and a once in a lifetime voice. He’s one of my heroes and I think he was absolutely brilliant. I don’t go on stage thinking I’m gonna compete with that. I just get up there to try to pay my respects to Freddie as a vocalist”
Those words I heard down the line in our interview came to life tonight in Melbourne. Adam nailed it. A perfect balance of respect …and downright swagger. Blistering vocals. Engaging stage presence. And yet balancing that out with a sense of appropriateness and occasion that was …well quite frankly – rather British.
Adam gave the legendary Brian May and Roger Taylor several intimate moments. He spent considerable time off stage completely as video images of Freddie tastefully emerged throughout the incredible show.

Full article:

http://byroncooke.com/queen-adam-lambert-icons-a-future-icon/

6 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

Another love letter for Byron! He is stone cold crazy about Adam. Always has been. Didn't he hint that he would be talking to Adam again? I wish he'd do an interview with him after having seen the concert. I love to hear Byron gush to Adam in person!

Lam-My said...

Mmm Byrancooke, that is a rather tidy piece of writing, no floundering. lwl! You are so patient with all the Adam turn-downs for a date lol! But he may finally relent, keep pressing lol!
I got to the Brisbane audio last evening but it was having quite a bit of batteries running low problem. As a result, the audio came on intermittently, at the end, the last two encore songs did not air. But Adam's "to" note was held powerfully for possibly 13 seconds...in Someone To Love...oooo is a difficult note to hold. Thanks! Brisbane. FierceMama's Sydney audio was perfect right through, even gave me a sense of being there, with all the live running tweets. In both these audios, Adam's voice was an all-out Mt Everest climb to the summit (figurative).

Lam-My said...

This constant reiteration of Freddie being an irreplaceable Queen Icon is justifiable; but at the same time indicates a feeling of 'fear' that Adam might have taken over almost completely as the new Queen frontman. However I do appreciate this 'fear' when someone encroaches into your space.

Lam-My said...

Off topic...
There is at the moment a Melbourne/Brisbane property exposition/sales held here in Singapore; happens all year round; you know why...we love their land and they love our money; not trying to be crude but it's the truth. lol!

Lam-My said...

Whoa Bingo twice in both my comments...8:3 which has special interpretation for me...front to back or back to front. lwl!
Mmm I think Timeslot is up to her tricks again. lwl!

Lam-My said...

Timeslot.....The two above rows of numbers are identical, though different in value. You made it, didn't you; not easy for it to happen by chance, lwl! Perhaps a tiny possibility...like Adam's voice, one in a 100 million.