Skinpress Demo Rss

Fans waiting for Adam Lambert at the Tennessee Theatre (July 6)

Filed Under (, ) by Admin on Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Posted at : Tuesday, July 06, 2010





(Picture: Fans line up to purchase merchandise during the Adam Lambert concert at Tennessee Theatre on Tuesday, July 6, 2010.)

Former “American Idol” contestant Adam Lambert may not have been the winner of his final round of the television competition, but by the indication of the fans outside the Tennessee Theatre before his concert on Tuesday, he was still the artist to beat.

Some fans had waited for hours to get a chance to see the performer. The crowd ranged from young women in short dresses in their teens and early 20s to older conservatively dressed couples in their 60s to young men. Stephanie Scalesi and her 13-year-old daughter, Kamiryn, waited four hours for a chance to see the performer. The two had their photo made with opening act Orianthi.

Stephanie wore a hand-printed T-shirt that read, “My daughter wants to marry Adam Lambert” on the front and “Yeah, I was going to marry George Michael (must be genetic)” on the back.

“She got all A’s and this is her reward,” said Stephanie.

“I’ve been a fan since day one,” said Kamiryn. “I just like his style and his music.”

An older couple who appeared to be in their 60s were fervent fans, but were wary of giving their names.

“He has incredible talent,” said the man. “Elvis could only wish that he could do what Adam Lambert can do.”

“I really like the theatrical side of it,” said the woman.

The couple said they had been won over by Lambert on “American Idol” and pulled for him every week.

“I thought he should’ve won,” said Dorothy Smith. “He was one of the best they ever had.”

Carole Tucker, who brought her 16-year-old daugther, Katherine, to the show, said Lambert’s flamboyant behavior on “The American Music Awards” was a little over the top, but she didn’t expect he would be quite as controversial in concert.

“I think that was just a ploy,” said Tucker. “He seems like a nice, polite young man. He’s good to his parents.”

“He’s just unique and different from everyone else,” said Katherine.

Both agreed that, in addition the musical aspect, Lambert was fun to watch.

Friends Michael Ramsey and Kristi Tuggle had waited since 11:30 a.m. for a chance to meet Lambert.

“He’s definitely not afraid to be himself,” said Ramsey.

Tuggle said that was a good thing.

“You are who you are, and it doesn’t matter what anybody thinks,” she said.

Article Source

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, those dedicated fans...and I'm one of them..haha! I'll be like this when it's my turn to see Adam later or towards the end of his tour! Can't wait.. so excited!

Anonymous said...

Please don't take this wrong...it's more a statement about me. As I watched these fan videos I realized that we are a nation of chubbies. I am first in line for that name and I've decided to hit the gym tomorrow and lose 40 pounds before my birthday in November. Adam says to be comfortable in your own skin, but he doesn't have to try to shove that skin into my overly tight pants. HaHa. I love who I am, but I know I can look and feel better 40 pounds lighter.

Now that I've announced my intentions to the 2/7 crowd, I'll keep you posted on my progress. Wish me luck and hopefully I'll get off this high blood pressure medicine to boot.

This is such a great site for so many different reasons. The first being Adam and the love he generates wherever he goes.

Chubby at 180.

Anonymous said...

^ Chubby at 180 - that's great! Go do it. Wow, if Adam can inspire that kind of drastic, healthy life-behavior-change in somone, he truly has some amazing power. He has a positive effect on so many, in so manhy different ways.

Let us know how you progress! Good luck!

- Adam Fix

Anonymous said...

Well I'm American and I'm overweight..... Ugh. lol

But I believe we are the fattest country in the world, aren't we?

I need to start exercising or else my hubby will divorce me (LOL)

Anonymous said...

Yes, congrats to you for the insight and new goal Chubby at 180!

I saw on another site that when asked how Adam had changed your life, several people said they had been inspired to lose weight (among many, many other things!)

I love that Adam inspires people to become more of who they are, shed the excess that hides them, be healthier, happier, kinder, etc.

How cool is that?!

Maybe other singers/stars inspire that too, but I've never heard of it before!


:)
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

How you manage your weight is definitely a matter of personal choice but I think a healthy outlook has multiple benefits. And I did take offense to some Adam fans being labeled as sparkle cows repeatedly on another blog. I think Adam is an excellent role model! I started exercising (gym, walking and yoga) and eating better(no red meat or processed foods) last year and I could definitely tell I had much better stamina for things like standing in long lines!! As someone who quit smoking a few years ago I pleased that there were not a lot of smokers in my line!

Anonymous said...

Ok, ladies then you can start exercising by doing the infinite symbol, number 8, with your hips. It's a belly dance move :) Adam has said many times he likes Egypt. I think he got a book called Sinuhe the Egyptian in Finland.

Anonymous said...

I was standing behind the short, dark-haired girl, waiting to buy my Adam souvenirs. Adam is UNFORGETTABLE, the Best I have ever seen. I LOVE him, Can't get enough. ADAM.