Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert - The Queerty Interview: A MUST READ!

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Friday, June 12, 2015

Posted at : Friday, June 12, 2015

Via Queerty: New Adam Lambert Interview

Be sure to read this article/interview... Excellent!!!


                                Photo Credit: David Roemer  Via Queerty Article

Adam Lambert On Turning Down 'Hedwig', Making Out To His Own Songs And Creating Music For His Gay Bros

Introduction:

"It’s been six years since Adam Lambert riveted television audiences as a finalist on the eighth season of American Idol, where his electrifying vocal range and dynamic stage presence made him an instant fan favorite. Although his competitor Kris Allen was named the champ that year, Lambert has gone on to an enviable career with two acclaimed albums, a stint on Glee and a much-discussed tour as frontman for the classic rock band Queen. Now the 33-year-old entertainer is back with The Original High, a dazzling collection of new material and his first album for Warner Bros. Records (out June 16), which includes the hypnotic first single “Ghost Town.” Lambert chatted with Queerty about making music his gay fans can enjoy, why he turned down the chance to play Hedwig on Broadway and whether he’s ever had sex while listening to one of his own songs."


Excerpts from the much longer and interesting interview:

You’re considered one of the truly nice guys in show business. How do you stay so grounded?
The big thing is keeping the right people around you. I’ve met a lot of people and my old friends from way back when are still my friends. Perspective is everything. I’m not afraid to make new friends. I like people and I’m open.

You have some of the most passionate and devoted fans of any entertainer. I wonder if it ever gets to feel uncomfortable.
Boundaries are an interesting thing. Everyone has their own set of boundaries. Actually when I started getting into this, figuring out my boundaries was an interesting process because I didn’t really know what I was and wasn’t comfortable with. I’ve tried to sort on a personal life and private to an extent. I’ve nothing to hide and I’m not ashamed of anything but you want to keep certain things yours. There is a separation between your public persona and your personal life. I don’t just mean dating. I mean with friendships. If fans get too involved with elements of my personal life, I get a bit freaked out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the link to the whole interview, glitzylady.

The part about his fans is telling.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"If fans get too involved with elements of my personal life, I get a bit freaked out."

I would say all the speculation here is too involved. Hope Adam never stops by here and reads the speculation.

Anonymous said...

@glitzylady, thank for this article!

I wonder how many here even bothered reading the article!

Was this too much info, too gay?

I'm so gutted at the vibe here on this site. It's like after six seven years folks still not ok with Adam being gay, oh let me rephrase that, they still prefer not to hear, read, speak about or see anything gay. They still think not talking about it makes it go away... So not post gay!

Anonymous said...

IMO many of us are so "post gay" we just don't think about it anymore. Isn't that what post gay means? That it's not an issue anymore for us. Like describing a new co-worker, "she's funny, she's smart, I think you'd like her too." And not mentioning she's black. We should be past that. After all, what difference does it make? Adam's a singer, what difference does it make if he's gay?