Skinpress Demo Rss

Queen + Adam Lambert Concert Review (Philadelphia): "Even Without Mercury, Queen Red Hot" "The Arena Shook.." (via Burlington County NJ Times)

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Friday, July 25, 2014

Posted at : Friday, July 25, 2014

BUT FIRST....
On to the review in just a moment but first, this amaazzzing picture of Adam Lambert!! 



***Not sure who to credit with this STUNNING picture of Adam, but seems this seems the perfect place to appreciate it!!! 

Awesome Queen + Adam Lambert Review by a young (age 17) Queen fan! (Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA 7-16-14)

**Via The Burlington County Times (New Jersey)

by Olivia Wright 

EXCERPTS: (From the much longer review/article)

"Even Without Mercury, Queen Red Hot"

"To make a long story short, I saw the Queen + Adam Lambert concert July 16 at Wells Fargo Center, and it was absolutely wonderful"

 "I’ve been in love with Queen ever since the ripe old age of 8, when I saw “We Will Rock You,” the musical, which is about the time I felt as though I had learned what good music was."

"When I walked into the Wells Fargo Center last week, I saw the most-diverse concert crowd I will probably ever witness. There were people my age through people well into their 70s, suburban mothers and metal-heads and, of course, a grown woman dressed as Freddie Mercury."

 "With them, as the tour name might suggest, was Adam Lambert. Even though I’ve been a fan since his “American Idol” days, I was still skeptical of him doing Mercury’s legacy justice......By the second song, I knew there was no reason to fear that."

 "Most importantly, Lambert paid the most incredible respect to Mercury, never attempting to be him, or fill his shoes..."

 "While no one will ever replace the gap Mercury left, Lambert is the closest we will probably ever see again. If this concert told me one thing, it’s that Queen is still alive and kicking, and Mercury’s legacy will continue to live on...."

 "If you don’t believe me, just ask the sold-out crowd that saw the band perform “We Will Rock You,” because, let me tell you ... the arena shook."

To READ THE FULL REVIEW, click here!!! (much more!)
http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/life-style/reality/even-without-mercury-queen-red-hot/article_d0941943-18a0-5cc9-9347-e216c50c50e3.html#.U9KdR1_BZ1Z.twitter

**LINK to the picture I posted.. which is even bigger than what I could post here: A nice one to save in your "Adam Lambert archives"...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10514166_10203548676108922_8347519957064212180_o.jpg

7 comments:

Naupaka18 said...

WoW! Yes Stunning Looking Adam!!!
Running out of positive adjectives !!!:):):)
Tall, Dark,Handsome , Amazing vocals, Kind, Funny, Compassionate, Down to Earth, Gorgeous, gorgeous, wild, Cheeky, etcccccccc,,,,,,,,:)

Dee R Gee said...

Love the review, as I expected I would. So many of them are SO good. If you visit Adamtopia, there is a very good write-up of a woman who got a backstage group tour and she goes into great detail. She'll have more later, too. One interesting thing she learned was that the Killer Queen staging with the divan, fan, etc. was all Adam's idea. I kind of figured it was. It's so ADAM. And it's also one of the highlights of the show. The crowd always goes nuts. Adam really gets to go totally glam and do a little acting. It looks like Brian likes it, too. Love how he's become part of that little section.

DRG

blu said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Momma

glitzylady said...

@DRG
That doesn't surprise me one teensy little bit!!! That was all Adam for sure!!!

Voltairie said...

Fab portrait. It's just so HIM.

Unknown said...

And I did appreciate that gorgeous photo. My gosh that man does leave me speechless. Also enjoyed the great review. Thank you to all who keep this site up running, don't know what I would do without it. I am sure it is a lot of work and you do a fantastic job. I spend hours on 24/7, good thing I have an understanding husband.

donna w said...

Now THIS IS HYSTERICAL!!

http://thesoundla.com/2014/07/new-york-times-music-critic-calls-queens-vocals-suspiciously-perfect/