Skinpress Demo Rss

Queen the 'champions' of rock in Perth!

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Friday, August 22, 2014

Posted at : Friday, August 22, 2014

Perhaps no frontman could compare to Freddie Mercury, but Adam Lambert does his best to honour the rock legend on stage with Queen.
In their first tour of Australia since 1985, Queen and Adam Lambert opened their show at Perth Arena on Friday night with Now I'm Here.
It was the first of many hits the band played over two hours, including Another One Bites The Dust, Fat Bottomed Girls, Somebody To Love, I Want It All, and Who Wants To Live Forever which included strobe lighting and a giant disco ball.
With the death of Mercury from AIDS complications in 1991, and the retirement of bass player John Deacon, Queen has just two original members - guitarist Brian May, 67, and drummer Roger Taylor, 65.
While Lambert is too flamboyant at times, the American Idol star never imitates Mercury - he brings his own energy on stage, dancing and hip thrusting.
He had several wardrobe changes including a leopard print outfit, studded jackets, vests, tasselled sleeves, a lace shirt, bronze leather pants, sunglasses and a crown.
For Killer Queen, Lambert laid down on a red couch and then sprayed champagne into the crowd from his mouth.
In one touching moment, May asked the crowd to sing with him.
"Let's do this for Freddie," he said before acoustically playing Love Of My Life.
"I can hear ya," he smiled, and Mercury later appeared on screen to sing the ending.
Taylor also commanded attention during a drum battle with his son, and singing These Are The Days of Our Lives and Under Pressure, which he performed with Lambert.

Read full article:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/24789895/queen-the-champions-of-rock-in-perth/

5 comments:

nancdruuu2 said...

I have to laugh at the comment that Adam was "too flamboyant at times". Well too bad - that's who Adam is.
I guess the writer never knew Freddie either..hahah

glitzylady said...

"A bit too flamboyant"

Hellllllllllo!!!!!!!!

A little underwhelming as a review, in a few places, in my humble opinion, but pretty good.. I think..........

As an aside, I was just out and about and happened to speak with someone (my hair stylist) who knows I"m an Adam fan :))) She said she has some friends who saw Queen and Adam in Vancouver and they thought the whole show was incredible.. Which it was...

Dee R Gee said...

This isn't really a review. It's more of a description of the show. I think very few concert-goers think Adam is "too flamboyant." Most seem to think that he's just the right balance of flamboyance and pure rock star. Flamboyance isn't a criticism in my book.

It will be interesting to read some actual reviews of the show, beyond this one, which is pretty much just a list of what they performed. From the feedback we've been hearing so far, the crowd absolutely LOVED the show.

Allysa Mentor said...

I am a huge Queen fan, and also an Adam fan, but if I hear one more person say Adam is no Freddie, I am going to PUKE.
This is not a competition. I just finished watching Freddie sing WWTLF live in Budapest, and then Adam in Perth. You may crucify me for saying this, but Afam wins that one.. I also saw the live show in Maryland. Please stop comparing them. Peace out

Allysa Mentor said...

Sorry I spelled Adam incorrectly.