Skinpress Demo Rss

Idol Judges on Season 14: J.Lo Wants Less Cruelty, Adam Lambert Seeks Artistry, Harry Flinches at 'Geek' Label!

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Friday, September 19, 2014

Posted at : Friday, September 19, 2014

A change (or two) is gonna come when Season 14 of American Idol returns next January — starting with the lineup of judges at the New York City auditions and possibly percolating down to the kind of contestants being sought and the amount of torture they’ll receive from the show’s producers.
Indeed, due to the sudden death of his father-in-law, panelist Keith Urban had to sit out Tuesday and Wednesday’s callbacks at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. But Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert stepped in alongside Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr., to hand out Golden Tickets to Hollywood (and the requisite pink slips to folks more suited to their local karaoke bar — or ABC’s Rising Star).
RELATED Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 of Your Returning Favorites
TVLine sought Season 14 intel from J.Lo, Harry and Adam as they reported for duty on Wednesday. Read on for J.Lo’s thoughts on the show’s obsession with her reaction shots during contestant performances, Adam’s advice for potential finalists and Harry’s feelings on the “most unethical thing” he could do on the job.

Read more at:
http://tvline.com/2014/09/17/american-idol-season-14-preview-judges-jlo-harry-adam-lambert/

6 comments:

Lam-My said...

Yea according to the article, Adam has been approached to be the Mentor of S14...Wrong timing I think; Adam is now full to the brim with working on/releasing his third album and resuming his QAL tour, all happening early part of next year. I think Adam shouldn't divert his attention; eye on the prize is the order of the day for Adam now till next year. So AI waited too long...too little to late. Also, like I said before, Adam's first love is performing though his advice to contestants trying to make it in the musical minefield, is invaluable.

JAK said...

If you are an Idol watcher....do click on the above link and read the whole article. It's interesting reading the judge's quotes. They are revealing....and I think Harry who apparently is often called a 'geek'.....not a description I would use......reinforces my opinion of him. IMO he comes across as an egotist 'showing off'.

He uses musical terms many, or even most, of the contestants don't know....and then looks faintly disgusted or superior if they are puzzled. He seems to feel every contestant should have had a musical education....doesn't he realize most of them are just kids who love to sing?

I was a fan of his for many years....now, not so much.

Dee R Gee said...

JAK, I read the above article, too, and it was very interesting, esp. the section about Harry and the musical terms. Unfortunately, I read the comments below the article. Some of the regular Adam bashers showed up there. Oh well. There were some very supportive comments, too.

I watched AI one season after Adam and then stopped. Just lost interest, although I watched all Adam's appearances on the show since his own year. Actually, I think he could handle doing the mentor job just fine if he got the chance. It's not as high-profile as the judge job, but it would give him a chance to show his expertise in a productive way AND give him some valuable TV face time. We'll see. The priority is a successful A3.

glitzylady said...

@JAK
I too read the whole story and I have to agree with you.. Very interesting insights. I really like Harry as a singer, actor, etc.. but after watching Idol last season, I often wondered where he was coming from.. I'm no music expert, geek, etc.. but as long time Idol watchers and music lovers, my husband and I both often thought Harry was off base with some of the contestants.. We'd both be saying "Really??!!". But then again, he has his point of view.. He had his hilarious moments but as a judge he sometimes left me confused. I understand big words and all but the bottom line for me was what he said about the contestants..

And contrary to many Idol watchers, I like JLo..

And of course, I LOOOOOVE Adam!

glitzylady said...

I read the comments too.. I left a nice comment but as I'm in transit through some airports today, my comment got lost somewhere. Oh well. The Adam bashers just troll the internet, waiting to jump. Such a shame they don't really know what they're talking about :)))

Anne Marie said...

Adam spent 3 days mentoring on Idol, and when it was televised, it was all about Jackson and his boot camp, and we hardly saw Adam at all.