Skinpress Demo Rss

From People.com: Amy Poehler Says Her "Look" In Her New "Old Navy" Ad Is "A Combination of Shakira & JLo & Madonna & Adam Lambert

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Friday, November 21, 2014

Posted at : Friday, November 21, 2014

From People Magazine Online: "Amy Poehler's Final Old Navy Ad Is Here...And It's Spectacular"


                     Does this jacket look vaguely familiar???

Excerpts from the article:

"Amy Poehler’s Old Navy ads may be the rare commercial that has you turn the TV off of mute. She’s played an unprofessional judge, a rude reservationist, a snooty art store critic, and now she’s finally embracing the role she was born to play: A pop diva playing to an auditorium devoid of fans." 

 "In behind-the-scenes footage, Poehler acknowledged that her time as the brand’s face was wrapping up, but said it was all worth it in the service of the ultimate goal: stringing the ads together at the end to blow your mind." 

 "Also, any resemblance of her Old Navy-loving pop diva to any names you have guessed is purely unintentional. Sot of. “I’m not channeling anyone specific,” she says. “I’m probably a combination of like, Shakira and J.Lo and Madonna and Adam Lambert.” "

Amy Poehler's Old Navy Ad

 

Jennifer Lopez Billboard Music Awards May 2013 and Adam Lambert, VH1 Divas Host in Dec. 2012, wearing his "Dragon Attack" Jacket


Above: Adam Lambert London Hammersmith Apollo July 2012 in his "Dragon Attack" Jacket...

And a little Deja Vu: Hammersmith Apollo London Day 2 (July 12, 2012):




Read the rest of the article here:
http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/11/21/amy-poehler-old-navy-ads-diva-black-friday/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dayum.I.want.to.see.that.jacket.on.Adam.some.day.

Anonymous said...

Adam is always the First to wear stuff, like the red jacket and the purple shirt with the hearts.

Anonymous said...

8:22, may I ask why you type like that? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

8:40 when I use my laptop the space bar is broke so I use a dot between each word but it is a pain so I mostly use my IPad but I can see the pictures better with my laptop.

Anonymous said...

I think the reason we don't see it on the QAL tour is because Adam respects Brian animal rights
campaigns.

But the white pants . . bring them back....

Dee R Gee said...

I suspect that Adam may not own that jacket. It was designed by the Blonds, and maybe they loaned it to him. Sometimes designers do that and then get the item back.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I think this little mention, this small blurb, is AWESOME. Just another indicator that Adam is in public consciousness... or at least the Entertainment Industry public consciousness, and listed with some BIG names too! IDK, call me OTT, but I LOVE this mention. I don't think it's negatively slanted, or tongue-in-cheek, or "punch line" in any way, LOVE IT.