Skinpress Demo Rss

REVIEW: Queen + Adam Lambert Via The Liverpool Echo: "Adam Lambert Held The ECHO Arena [Liverpool, UK] In The Palm Of His...Hand"

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Posted at : Thursday, February 26, 2015

VIA THE LIVERPOOL ECHO

REVIEW: Queen at the Liverpool ECHO Arena 2-26-15

by Jade Wright


     Photo via the article: Adam Lambert and Dr. Brian May

EXCERPTS FROM THE REVIEW (read the entire article at the link below..)

"Freddie Mercury had a rare and unusual gift. He managed to make us all magnificent for five minutes. His songs brought out the strutting peacock in the mildest mannered of music fans."

"It has taken Adam Lambert, the former American Idol star who was just nine years old when Freddie died, to truly re-create that magic.." 

"He has an arena-filling charisma and an effortless soaring voice, but there the comparisons stop. He’s not much like Freddie in the way he sings or the way he looks but somehow it works. It’s not Stars in Their Eyes and it doesn’t feel like a tribute show. Somehow they make it seem new and fresh..."

"From Under Pressure through Fat Bottomed Girls, Killer Queen, Don't Stop Me Now and Somebody to Love the American Idol gave a performance that was somehow all his own, and yet fitted perfectly with the rest of the band."

"Add in the bombastic I Want It All a clap-along Radio Ga Ga and the naughtiest delivery of Crazy Little Thing Called Love antyone could hope for and Adam lambert held the ECHO arena crowd in the palm of his jewel-encrusted hand."

NOTE: There are more fabulous HD quality pictures in the article... Be sure to check them out!!! 

LINK TO THE REVIEW:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-queen-liverpool-echo-arena-8731931

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, glitzylady. The whole review is well worth reading. I love the positive British reviews. <3

Pan said...

Late and brief homage to The Beatles
Waiting for the vids to be posted I will be taking a short trip down the memory lane.
I'm the proud "carrier" of a huge baggage full of happy childhood memories. I grew with their music, my first encounter with Love Me Do was decisive, it triggered my first rebellion , yeah, within family , with the blessing of my family, but I insist on calling it rebellion, I finally had my own music, ,my own band, , young, bright,funny, different,a sound never heard before, a cheeky attitude never seen before. I like to believe that that I've been contaminated by their nonconformism, humor... .I've sometimes stopped pursuing ....everything just for 2,3 moments of magical recalling of Sergeant Pepper... or of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Our Roger covered one of my favorite songs from The Beatles Catalog, I Am The Walrus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4S3H87TDEI

Yes, yes, THIS IS NEWS, Queen+Adam Lambert Rock In Rio...in Rio!!! lol

glitzylady said...

Speaking of waiting for vids from Liverpool:

I've been patiently waiting but so far only a few have surfaced.. and only one or two of good quality to post..

The show was awesome, at least the Live Stream sure was!!! So hoping to get some up in a few hours..

**Right now (as I post this comment) it's midnight where I live on the US west coast so it may be awhile before I can get good ones posted.. :)))

I have one that looks good so I'll get that one up at least!!!

Anonymous said...

I was a there and he was absolutely amazing wouldn't of swapped my ticket for the world

glitzylady said...

@Anon 12:00 AM
Wow!!! It would be awesome if you could give us some of your highlights!!!

I know Adam was very "up" and **friskie** at this show, and it seemed to be one of the best audiences ever!!! How fortunate for you to have been there!!!

Dee R Gee said...

Can't wait to see that really naughty CLTCL! Adam always surprises us with his creativity and sense of fun, and of course, that face and that body. Just sayin'.

Dee R Gee said...

Oh, and glitzy, my computer gremlins seem to have disappeared this morning. Yay!