Skinpress Demo Rss

New Blog From MY BADASS ALTER EGO: "Brian, Roger, and the QAL Bromance" #QueenPlusAdamLambert

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Posted at : Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A new entry in the "MY BADASS ALTER EGO" BLOG:

"BRIAN, ROGER, AND THE QAL BROMANCE"

A brief history of QUEEN, and musings on their more recent association with Adam Lambert...  Contains several videos... 

LINK TO "BRIAN, ROGER AND THE QAL BROMANCE"




EXCERPTS: (access the full, much longer article at the embedded link above)

"A quick note to the Adam fans that are new(er) to Queen, I can thoroughly recommend the BBC documentary “Days of Our Lives” which was made in 2011 to celebrate Queen’s 40th anniversary (available in full on YouTube). "

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" BBC Documentary 2011 (HD) 2 hours


"The concerts were massive; Queen is a whole-body experience and always has been – that towering sound coupled with the lighting and pyrotechnics. Brian May remarked in a recent interview that the band’s view on live performance was “blind ‘em, deafen ‘em and leave them gagging for more”."

"The insights into Brian from that documentary are fascinating; those of you I talk to online will know that he’s one of my long-time heroes for many reasons. While Freddie was the genius frontman, Brian’s guitar helped forge that massive sound; he could also craft exquisite songs and he has no mean voice in his own right."




"During the course of their relationship as QAL, the guys have hugged, grinned, giggled and fanboyed at each other. There are reams could be written about the QAL bromance covering every aspect of the work they’ve done together and I’ve already made lots of references to it; in short, they just adore each other."



"And Brian? I really think he has fallen in love with Adam’s voice (and I think Adam reciprocates with his love of Brian’s talent). As a musician, you can feel the most intense love for someone’s artistry, and it goes beyond gender, sexuality or age gaps. You just love that voice, or that violin sound, or that guitar – and you therefore love the person as well. It defies explanation unless you’ve felt it yourself."


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! Interesting read so far, I'll finish it tonight! It does perhaps give one a deeper insight on what Adam might have experienced working with Queen.

Off-Topic: I just want to take a second to say that this post is a good example of something I probably would not come across, as I don't have a ton of time to check into the Adam Lambert news of the day and I'm often racing through the Adam news. So thanks Glitzy and all Admins for these sorts of "not major news" posts! T am a big fan of the general Google function like anyone else :), but I am often rushing, so as to get back to RL, and I really appreciate these sorts of posts that I probably would not seek out otherwise. :)

Anonymous said...

Elvis Duran short video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ssv29w5zb8&feature=youtu.be

Anonymous said...

Thanks glitzylady. Another great blog from My Badass Alter Ego. :-)

Dee R Gee said...

I've watched this video of Brian and May watching Adam so many times. It's an incredible glimpse into the relationship between these men who love and respect each other so much. Here are two seasoned veterans sharing a few moments of sheer joy and delight at Adam's talent. SHEER JOY. Brian and Roger have seen it all and done it all onstage, and yet they are still amazed and delighted with Adam. The stars could not have been aligned more perfectly when these guys got together. These moments captured on video say it all.

Dee R Gee said...

And thanks for posting the Elvis Duran vid!

Anonymous said...

@March 31, 2015 at 5:58 AM

Thanks for the Elvis Duran vid! I'd not seen it yet, thank you. :)

CT said...

Got a late start to my day but this site is where I come first...it's a wonderful habit already!

Such an interesting blog from Badass and still more photo's and interviews of Adam at iHeart Music Awards. So he was there with his team...that's great too. One day soon it's gonna be Adam's turn to perform and/or receive awards too....and I cannot wait to see it:))))

Anonymous said...

It was all so BEAUTIFUL to look at and listen to!!!

I really really really miss QAL and the anticipation of new vids almost every day... Lol, maybe that's why time from last June until beginning of March went past SOOO quickly! (also got very little done RL-wise, NOT lol!)
:)))))


@badassalterego
Thank you for this! Have not yet had the chance to read all your blog postings, but I will. It's such a pleasure to read a professional singer's pov's and "fan mail"... I'm also a devoted Brian fan from the very start, he and his guitar did funny things to my heart & soul already all those years ago...although I've never seen Queen LIVE, nor QAL either... Not complaining, just RL - and thank you Universe for all professional and fan vids in Youtube etc. Keep on blogging, @badass!

Hoping they will reunite for more gigs than Rock in Rio only... and that we will get the QAL DVD's soon!
Note plural - just me wishing! :)))