Skinpress Demo Rss

Review From South Africa: Adam Lambert's "The Original High": "Brilliantly Produced" "Tons Of Hits"

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Thursday, July 2, 2015

Posted at : Thursday, July 02, 2015

Review from South Africa's "El Broide"

Adam Lambert's "The Original High"


Photo Credit: Original photo via FAULT magazine. Fan edit by @CREATIVESHARKA 

LINK TO The El Broide Review

Quote from the review:

Breakdown: I’ve always been a fan of Adam Lambert and he blew me away when he performed in Jozi back in 2012. Since then, he has changed record labels and he been touring the world with Queen. He has just released his third studio album ‘The Original High’ which was preceded by the lead single ‘Ghost Town’. The track went on to become the biggest song in Africa on Shazam’s chart – a huge feat.

8 comments:

Magiclady said...

Although 4/5 is a good score, seems to me if you like 8 out of 11 songs it should be 4.5 or 4+ or -5?

He did agree with me about "Evil in the Night". Although, I gotta say "The Original High"is right up there with my favs, along with "The Light", "After Hours" and several others. What's funny is there are several songs which are not my favs but I find myself singing under my breath...

Oh and Adam can hit all the highs and lows too!

Anonymous said...

I AGREE IS
ADAM BETTER SINGER THAN JUSTIN

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for all the short cut links now on the front page of this blog. You guys Rock.

Anonymous said...

The more I listen to The Light, the more I love it. That song has everything to become a hit. For me, it's a toss up between TOH and The Light (both if Adam wants radio play), but I also love Lucy's vibe (just noticed today that you can hear Brian May's guitar later in the song, not just during his solo), Evil in the Night (performed live even better), Rumours (it really grows on you after a few listens). Actually, the only 2 songs that I listen to but don't really connect with are Things I didn't say and the bonus track Shame.

Anonymous said...

I agree, but, think that each song is a master piece on it's own. Have never heard an album where I loved every single track until now. Adam is really something. He is really a musical and just plain talented genius; and so, so good looking for an added bonus. Also, such a kind, honest humble human being!!!!!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Justin who? Does not matter what Justin; the answer in my opinion the answer is YES!

Anonymous said...

4/5 and it's a good review. Can't expect every music critique to love every song Adam has ever sung, and they have a right to state their opinion, whether it agrees with other opinions or not.

Anonymous said...

Great review. Great CD. Adam should be so proud. I, too, find myself humming songs I "don't like". Ha ha!