Skinpress Demo Rss

Gay Times UK: Adam Lambert explains how he came out for the It Got Better campaign

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Posted at : Wednesday, June 01, 2016

 In a brand new video the former American Idol contestant Adam Lambert opens up about his personal story, the moment he realised he liked boys and how he decided to come out to his family.

The singer songwriter starts off describing his happy childhood, surrounded by open minded and progressive parents. But it was in the sixth grade that things started to get “kinda strange” for him.
“Everyone’s bodies were changing, things were shifting and I started realising that I wasn’t wired the same way as most of the other boys. I felt guilty about it and I felt ashamed of it. I didn’t understand how to be that.”
The lack of examples in real-life and on TV resulted in Adam feeling like an outsider and a loner most of the time. He started to hide his true self until he made it into high school where he started to open up more.
Programmes like Will & Grace, that featured gay characters for the first time, lightened the whole topic up. “Laughing with my family about the same jokes allowed me to feel comfortable with them and made me realise that this was probably going to be okay with them.”



Read more at  Gay Times UK


Posted by @Admin Fan for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS



0 comments: