Skinpress Demo Rss

Rolling Stone: How Queen + Adam Lambert Are Keeping Freddie Mercury's Legacy Alive

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Posted at : Wednesday, February 01, 2017



When Adam Lambert was a young theater performer with a growing rock & roll fixation, there was one flamboyant singer who reflected his interests in the masculine and feminine, the daring and ironic: Queen's late frontman Freddie Mercury.
"What I always loved about Queen was that I could see what Freddie and the band were exploring, and I could identify with that," says Lambert, the breakout American Idol runner-up and solo hitmaker, who also tours with Queen + Adam Lambert. "I started falling in love with rock & roll, I dressed up like a club kid and went out at night, wore weird shit, I'm gay – all of that stuff put together. When I look at the history of rock & roll, Queen is the band that resonated the most with me: 'That's me, that's my life.'"

That is only more true since his graduation from Idol's Season 8, where he first met and performed with Queen's surviving members, guitarist Brian May and drummer-singer Roger Taylor. (Founding bassist John Deacon retired in 1997.) Lambert has toured regularly with the British rock act since 2012, and this summer, Queen + Adam Lambert will head out on a 25-city North American tour, opening June 23rd in Phoenix, Arizona, performing the band's major hits from the Seventies and Eighties, from "Killer Queen" to "Under Pressure."


Read the FULL ARTICLE HERE:


How Queen + Adam Lambert Are Keeping Freddie Mercury's Legacy Alive



Posted by @Admin Fan for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS

 

1 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

Is this article in the hard copy, too, or just in the on-line version? I like getting the hard copy if I can to add to my Adam Archives.