Skinpress Demo Rss

On Top Mag: Darren Hayes Credits Adam Lambert For Increasing LGBT Support In Pop Culture

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Posted at : Tuesday, June 20, 2017




In a Billboard interview, out singer Darren Hayes credits Adam Lambert for increasing LGBT support in pop culture.
The 45-year-old Australian singer was the frontman of the pop duo Savage Garden until its breakup in 2001. The following year, Hayes released his first solo album, Spin.
Hayes, who entered a British civil partnership with Richard Cullen in 2006, told Billboard about how he learned about his sexuality.


“The first time I consciously knew I might be gay was sometime during promotion for the first Savage Garden album,” Hayes said. “I was traveling the world and meeting obviously gay men, or men that were gay, but didn’t fit the small stereotype the media had portrayed to me. I remember thinking maybe I was gay but I didn’t do anything about it. At my Australian record label I recall having what I thought was a secret crush on an advertising executive named Justin. I thought no one knew.”
“My publicist at the time got me aside and bluntly asked me, 'Are you gay?' I was so taken aback. I showed her my wedding ring and said 'I’m married!' and she said, 'How come you blush every time Justin walks in the room?' It was the first time anyone had ever seen behind my facade, exposed something so secret that I didn’t even admit it to myself.”




Read the FULL ARTICLE HERE:





Posted by @Admin Fan for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS 

 


4 comments:

Nanbert said...

Nice crediting to Adam. And very true.

Dee R Gee said...

I hope Adam stays active in LGBTQ causes. I think he will. He's very good at it.

Anonymous said...

Darren is the first person I have heard to express this opinion on Adam's effect on American Idol. It is very true. It was very important to the forward progress of LGBT acceptance.

The Dark Side said...

About time he got credit where credit was due--especially in the LGBT community.