Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert holds strong, Kris Allen slips on the Top 40 chart

Filed Under (, ) by Admin on Sunday, March 28, 2010

Posted at : Sunday, March 28, 2010



More Chart Updates! The Examiner examines both Adam and Kris' airplays last week. Adam is increasing in spins while Kris is losing spins.

From the Examiner:

Sunday's new top 40 airplay chart was a direct representation of Adam Lambert and Kris Allen's recent work on the Billboard Hot 100 -- one artist stayed about the same whereas the other fell.

In the case of Adam's "Whataya Want From Me," the song picked up about 230 radio spins in the past week, even though it wasn't enough to pry it from its position of #14 from the chart. It looks like the singer will actually be stuck in the spot for a while, at least until Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" falls enough that he can pass it up. He also has to contend with other songs that are picking up more spins faster.

For Kris Allen, however, the numbers are yet another sign that his time on the radio is about done with "Live Like We're Dying." The song lost 727 spins in the past week, and fell all the way to #16 after spending last week at #11. The other thing that doesn't bode well from Kris right now is that we're still waiting for news on his next singe -- Adam, meanwhile, has already announced that "If I Had You" will be his next song to hit the charts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats adam! i hope you will reach #1.

Anonymous said...

for those interested to read a book on line "adam lambert second to none pls. visit www.adamlambertsecondtonone.com

Anonymous said...

Fans - I will tell you that I have respectfully and reasonably, but ACTIVELY, requested WWFM to appropriate radio stations in Boston. WWFM is doing very well there and I feel that maybe I had some tiny small part in that :). It is actually #1 on the Kiss radio chain's Top 30 Countdown in Boston and has been for a few weeks. In Boston, WWFM is played on a HAC & Pop/Top 40 & a "Variety" station. And for the record, I do sincerely listen continuously to all of the 3 or 4 radio stations that I've requested WWFM to! I don't request more than once every day or every other day, I make sure I used the DEDICATED request line/email/text # and I don't attach demanding comments to my requests. I don't think WWFM has quite peaked yet and I'm hopeful it can at least crack Top 10, I'm not so sure about how high it can go up on the various U.S. national type popular charts, but hopefully it can crack Top 10. It needs radio spins to do so, so fans, request to your LOCAL!!!! radio stations if you have time (and obviously only to stations with appropriate formats, for example - not to "oldies" stations :)). Lambert is great... and WWFM is a VERY Top 40ish and radio friendly type of song - it should not have been so slow to get better radio play in my humble opinion!

Anonymous said...

I agree airplay has been sparse and think it's due to bible belt conservative sponsors, listeners,and ignorant lack of diversity and sophistication.We're still back in the dark ages in the south.

Anonymous said...

Thanks 5:47 for the great tutorial on how to request airplay for adam.


Let's keep Adam at #1 on Vh1 top 20 countdown. Just fill boxes 1 & 2. I've been putting unplugged at #1 and original @ #2, since that's what's happening at the moment. Heavy competition coming down the pike folks, but Adam has two boxes....let's do it!!