Adam Lambert has discussed his thoughts and involvement in the upcoming Freddie Mercury biopic movie – revealing that he never considered playing the iconic frontman.
Lambert, who rose to fame on US talent show American Idol before finding success as a solo artist, has been the touring frontman of Queen and replacement of Freddie Mercury with the band since 2011. During that period, Brian May has spent the last four years working on the film about Mercury’s life. Several actors were rumoured and involved before ‘Mr Robot’ star Rami Malek landed the lead role, and ‘The Usual Suspects’ Bryan Singer is set to direct.
Asked if he ever considered playing the role of Mercury in the film, Lambert told NME: “No, I don’t think I would be able up for taking that one. I mean, that’s a whole other level. I really love singing the songs that Freddie sang on stage, but I also approach it by doing it as me.  I don’t know if I would be able to impersonate Freddie.