Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert Interviews, Reviews and More! (compiled March 28, 2020)

Filed Under () by broddybounce on Saturday, March 28, 2020

Posted at : Saturday, March 28, 2020


Adam Lambert got a lovely interview piece in this week's edition of Newsweek, including the brilliant caricature of him above drawn by the wonderful Savannah-based artist, Britt Spencer.



𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞


Adam is interviewed by Sky News Australia on the release of his album:



𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞




𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞


Ryan Tedder promotes "Velvet" when he notices that Adam has signed in to Ryan's IG live:



𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞



Here's a piece in the UK's Express on Brian May that includes a short clip of Adam doing "Whole Lotta Love" and then, near the end of the article, a mention of Adam:



𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞𝄞


"VELVET" REVIEWS:

"Adam Lambert once again grabs the spotlight..."

"Adam Lambert melts butter with his voice on 'Velvet'"


7 comments:

Sunflower said...

And the reviews keep on Coming! Now I want to know is WHEN can we hear these songs on good old radio? I know about the streaming but I'd like to hear his music on radio. I have yet to hear any of his new songs.

Nanbert said...

Sorry, but I don't like the depiction of Adam's face in that caricature above....it looks absolutely malevolent, not the kind, handsome, fun Adam we all know! It's just NOT HIM! The rest of the drawing is great.

broddybounce said...

Nanbert ... really..?!? We must see art from two different perspectives. I think it's wonderfully drawn and very flattering to Adam. Hm 🤔

Dee R Gee said...

You're right. I skimmed right past the Chaplin mention in the header. OH well.

I kind of like the caricature. Of course, most caricatures aren't supposed to be flattering. They're supposed to exaggerated the features. I think this one isn't meant to show his kind and handsome side. It's meant to show his bold, aggressive side. I like that side, too.

Nanbert said...

broddybounce....I like everything about the caricature BUT the face. The citeria is that if you see the caricature out of context, you would still recognize the subject...I don't.

And btw, that Metro Weekly review is one of the best and most erudite yet of "Velvet", IMO. The author went very carefully and knowledgably through each song, pointing out the high points, and what Adam accomplished with them. It is evident that he has a great deal of respect for Adam's voice and musicianship.

One quote from the review re: Adam's performances with Queen....."he regularly (and somewhat apologetically) pays tribute to the late Freddie Mercury.....".

Also, here's another reviewer that recognizes the incongruity, and indignity, of Adam's "elephant in the room" speech!

broddybounce said...

Yes, Nanbert, some excellent reviews. I did leave one out that was just gratuitously offensive.

And yup, I thought of you when I saw that elephant in the room reference! 🤭

Nanbert said...

broddybounce....oh my! guess I'm an open book. I still hope the "elephant" will be retired. Why should Adam demean himself with a speech at each performance that places him in Mercury's "shadow" for his ENTIRE career with Queen?...nine years now, hundreds of speeches!

But QAL is NOT a Freddie Mercury tribute band...Brian bristles at the suggestion...this is QUEEN AND ADAM LAMBERT. Adam is currently the ONLY frontman for Queen!

The king is dead....long live the king! Today's Queen has EVOLVED fabulously...and very successfully... with Adam. Life goes on...!