Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert 'Excited' and 'Nervous' for Oprah Appearance

Filed Under ( ) by Admin on Saturday, January 9, 2010

Posted at : Saturday, January 09, 2010


The slimmed down Adam Lambert is talking to "Extra" about stopping by "Oprah," the rumors he's making a cameo on "Glee" and his new diet!

"Extra's" Terri Seymour caught up with Lambert while he was recording five songs for AOL Sessions in L.A. The candid star tells Terri he's pumped to sit down with Oprah Winfrey, gushing "I'm really excited. I want to meet her. We have the same birthday! She's incredible. What a great leader, communicator, philanthropist."

"I'm really curious what she is going to ask me," the 27-year-old confesses. "Maybe she will dig and make me cry."


The rocker describes himself as an "open book" and admits he's willing to talk about anything, but he's not so fond of discussing his controversial 2009 American Music Awards performance.

"I'm over it," Lambert says about the sexed-up performance and backlash. The singer/songwriter's Nov. 24 appearance on "Good Morning America" was canceled after viewers called ABC to complain. "It's old news," he says.

What's new is the rumor Adam is set to appear on "Glee," but he says, "This is not true." But that doesn't rule out a future appearance.

Lambert dishes, "I'd love to do a TV show. I think that'd be fun. It's be so much fun doing a little cameo." He hints, "I would die to do 'True Blood,' 'Weeds' or 'Californication.'"

The former "American Idol" contestant has also dropped a few pounds recently and he says it's all about portion and calorie control.

"I don't have to do any of it. They deliver it every day!" Lambert explains. He's no longer eating cheese and sticks to lean meats and lots of protein.

When asked about his love life, Lambert smiles. "I mean, I'm not in love, if that's what you're asking me." Adam says he likes to casually date and enjoys meeting new people. "I'm not in the position to be in a relationship. Ultimately, I would love that."

For more with Adam Lambert, tune in to "Extra" on Monday, Jan. 12!

SOURCE

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help! My calendar doesn't have a Monday, Jan. 12. It's either Monday the 11th or Tuesday the 12th. Which?

Anonymous said...

Man oh man. What a picture of Adam. He's soooo beautiful. Makes my heart hurt.

Anonymous said...

What channel does Extra come on? Is it Monday 11 or Tuesday 12?

Anonymous said...

Also would like to know which day?

Anonymous said...

19th, its in an earlier post.

Anonymous said...

oh, listen to what he says..I would love to be in a relationship..oh!

I wander what meal plan he's on..?

Anonymous said...

LET'S ALL BUY ANOTHER CD OF ADAM !!! FOR HIS BIRTHDAY !!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS

MiMi said...

I bought two. We can do it for Adam!

Anonymous said...

Extra on Monday the 11th or Tuesday 12th??

Anonymous said...

Yes, PLEASE buy ONE more CD. IT will help Adam A LOT.
I hope Opra Will NOT talk about the AMA. That would be a waste of air time. Adam is so ARTICULATE and SMART. Opra too. I think she will NOT talk about it. I wonder how maby songs he will sing. I just CAN"T WAIT.

Anonymous said...

If you click on Source, above, it takes you to Extra website. They have the show listed as Mon. Jan. 11.

Anonymous said...

It never aired...where is it!?! And it looked like such a good little interview, damnit.