Skinpress Demo Rss

"If I Had You" climbs top 40 chart

Filed Under (, ) by Admin on Sunday, May 30, 2010

Posted at : Sunday, May 30, 2010


Adam Lambert's "If I Had You" continues its climb along the top 40 radio chart this week, as it adds over 80 spins from its performance the week before.

According to the newest numbers released by Mediabase, the newest single off of "For Your Entertainment" is now sitting at #55 on the chart, ahead of new singles by Train and The Script.

While there are some Adam fans who were hoping of a jump higher than 3-5 spots on the chart, certain factors have to be taken into perspective. "If I Had You" isn't getting the early bump of some other songs (such as Katy Perry's "California Gurls") due to digital sales, as the song has been out for over six months -- therefore, many hardcore Adam fans already own the song and some of that initial hype may be gone. In addition, we don't have a music video just yet, and it was at that point that "Whataya Want From Me" really started to make its first initial surge. Since we can expect that in a matter of weeks, patience (plus plenty of radio requests) will likely be the key here.

Adam, meanwhile, is still sitting pretty at #3 on the Hot AC chart with "Whataya Want From Me", while Kris Allen picks up some new airplay on this chart with "The Truth" (though the song is still sitting at #35). He should probably expect a fairly decent increase in the next week thanks to his performance on the "American Idol" finale.

SOURCE

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We HAVE to keep requesting IIHY. Everyday in different radio stations.
Please keep doing it.
Once the video is out it will help.

Anonymous said...

I am requesting everyday!!
Reqested via email at house party. Couldn't get through the phone.
I want to hear it on the radio so bad. I am so sick of the music they keep playing over and over again.

Anonymous said...

those Beautiful Lips are just waiting to be kissed by me.....mmmmmmmmm
wait in the Queue Glamberts,
Great Chart News American Glamberts
not long now
Glambert Isle of Wight UK

Anonymous said...

keep trying guys, keep requesting.

Anonymous said...

Mat is right. Other songs are doing better cuz ppl buy them on iTunes and mp3. Most of Adams fans have the Cd so they don't buy the song individually.
I am willing to buy the song on my iPod for ONLY 1.29
it I'll NOT be a waist since it will go into my library and I can listen To it at home directly from my PC.
So, I will buy it. Will you???

Anonymous said...

I already bought the IIHY single - but from the Album basically, as the IIHY w/ New and different cover, for the single, isn't on iTunes yet... so I don't know if that makes a difference, but I purchased the IIHY single that is attached to the FYE album to give Lambert the purchase. I have the domestic "FYE" and bought the UK Import for the full 18 tracks... but my Kid's iPod didn't have the full "FYE" album on it, so I purchased it on my child's iPod to give Lambert the sale. So yes 7:50, I agree, folks who can afford it, try to get IIHY single.

Also, I had 3 people calling Open House Party Sunday night, couldn't get through... will try via email now during the week.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 8;30 and 7;50,
If you can afford it, PLEASE buy it only ONCE on Itunes or MP3 it will hp Adm TRAMENDOUSY!!!
And KEEP REQUESTING IT.
request@openhouseparty
and on your LOCAL sttion and satelite radio like Hit 40.

Anonymous said...

I just bought the IIHY single twice (H) one in amazon and one in itunes. :D

Anonymous said...

5:39 - does the amazon purchase have the IIHY SINGLE cover art??