Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert Interview with Sandy Tomcho

Filed Under (, ) by Admin on Thursday, June 3, 2010

Posted at : Thursday, June 03, 2010



For the past 16 years, radio station K104 (104.7 FM in Fishkill) has been sponsoring KFest, bringing the "who's who" of pop acts to the Hudson Valley. This year's sold-out concert on Sunday might be its most impressive yet. Rapper Ludacris, 2009 "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert and Train are just a few of the big names on the bill.

Go! reporter Sandy Tomcho spoke with Adam Lambert about his gig and what fans can expect.

Q&A: Adam Lambert

Q. You'll be at KFest Sunday and I was wondering how you're gonna take the headlining tour ("Glam Nation") and translate that into 45 minutes in an outdoor stadium.

A. It's actually gonna be about an hour. My individual set's about an hour and, ya know, it's real exciting. I have a show that I've put together with ... I have like a creative director that I'm working with very closely. She helps me make sure my visions are turned into reality. I have a great band, a group of four dancers and a choreographer and a wonderful costume designer, so we're really trying to take advantage of this hour and put together a show.

It's more than just a typical set. There's like a thematic, kind of emotional story running through the set. There are visual elements that pull it all into one world. I've been inspired by turn-of-the-century, New Orleans kind of a kitschy/glam/black magic, ya know ... voodoo-type concept, and I'm also experimenting in the show with Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead, a holiday celebrated by Latin Americans) and Mardi Gras and things like that. There's a very festive element, a lot of kind of psychedelic rock, classic rock influences as well, and I think people will really be in for a treat.

Q. Can we expect any collaborations on the (headlining) tour this year?

A. As of now, it's pretty much me collaborating with my band and my dancers for the time being. But you never know. Things may change. I never set anything in stone.

Q. Straight up, are people who were up in arms about your American Music Awards performance gonna be comfortable at this show, or should they stay home?

A. I definitely think they'll be comfortable. That was kind of an artistic experiment — the AMAs — and I learned a lot from it. I learned kind of what my limitations are; I learned what my audience wants to see, and the concert definitely is sexy, but I feel like, if anybody felt that that (AMA performance) was not tasteful, this is tasteful.

SOURCE

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be A W E S O M E! Adam is going
to ROCK the US!

Anonymous said...

woohoo, adam is on the main page of australia yahoo news regarding his up and coming show.

twyla said...

Say what you will about Adam, the bottom line is, his work ethic is admirable and astounding.

You're good people, Adam. Peace back at ya!
oh, and Rock On!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, AL is a good person... and as is evident to me, the product of good parenting. And as a bit of a political junkie, I believe that Neil Lambert, although he takes a different approach to life, is a good guy too and also the product of good parenting IMHO.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i like neil lambert too, love his dry sense of humour and the sarcastic side of him.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome news. I wasn't expecting him to basically do the same show for K-Fest that he's doing for the GN tour since it's a radio sponsored show. Sounds like he's headlining with an hour set.

Those who are there for other performers will get see what a TRUE ARTIST is like, one who puts sweat and tears and his heart into making the performance special!

Hope it's livestreamed like KISS was.

DC Canadian

Anonymous said...

oh yeah man, that livestream of Kiss 108/Boston was awesome!

Shirley said...

I'm loving all these interviews before the tour!

Anonymous said...

Neil Lambert is brilliant in his own right and is a deep thinker.Eber and Leila are ahead of their time and gave their boys wings to fly. A beautiful example to all for exceptance of individuality.Adam may be the first superstar to be able to function in a fairly normal way in spite of the invasive restrictions of fame.Elvis and MJ were so isolated and surrounded by "yes" men and surreal life, it destroyed them. Adam has good people around him to support him and he's savvy enough to avoid the pitfalls. He is so together and doing it all right.I don't think we can even imagine how sccessful he will be. He has it all.