Skinpress Demo Rss

Margaret Cho talks about Adam Lambert

Filed Under (, ) by Admin on Monday, July 12, 2010

Posted at : Monday, July 12, 2010



Jess: This reminds me of Adam Lambert, who waited until American Idol was over but made it clear that he didn’t want to talk about gay political and civil rights issues. He’s stressed that he’s an entertainer and not a politician, which hopefully will relax other celebrities who stay closeted because of that pressure.

Margaret: Right! And he also strikes me as somebody who was also out to begin with. I mean, his stardom was so fast… Like he barely… He was a star, and then a couple of weeks later he was, ‘I’m gay!’ [laughing] He only waited like 2 weeks and, ‘I’m gay!’ Like, it was real fast! So, I wouldn’t necessarily think of that as even waiting to come out, he was pretty much… I don’t know if I believe in the idea of sensation, but with somebody like that, they are an overnight sensation because the success of American Idol is really an overnight thing. His start was a little bit different than somebody like Ricky Martin, who was a child star and developed within show business. So, his idea of image has been protected since he was like, 5 years old or whenever he joined Menudo. So, I think it’s much more difficult for somebody like Ricky Martin to come out, especially, you know? His fame was many years before Adam Lambert, when you’re talking about Menudo, and then growing up gay as a very, very important Latin recording artist. You know the Latin culture is not as accepting, of course, and it’s very difficult. I think his finally coming out now is really brave, even though it is years later.

SOURCE

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glamily, please go to this link and vote for adam, he is head to head with HANSON. Hanson is leading by 500 votes. SHow some love to Adam guys!
http://www.hotzoneonline.com/archives/6296
ZZ

glitz and sparkles said...

Love her on "Drop Dead Diva"...

Another concert dated added for Atlanta...Sept 15 at THE TABERNACLE. If can swing it and redeem airline miles...am seriously thinking about going...by myself. Any 24/7 regulars thinking the same?

glitz and sparkles said...

I haven't success voting...my votes are not registering and then I get put on 'time out' for too many votes....huh???

Anonymous said...

The voting on that site confuses me. I'll try again later.

xoXo

Anonymous said...

Watched Hanson videos. Some observations - just mine and not trying to be mean.

1. Are mustaches coming back even if they are very thin?
2. Has this group picked out a look or is it just what they feel like wearing today?
3. Does anyone remember the Monkees on TV?
4. As said on another thread, Partridge Family comes to mind.
5. Wondering why they brought up Chuck Norris.
6. Why the no glitter statement?
7. Now I've heard what and how they can sing, I've heard all I need to hear.
8. The boys are nice looking.
9. Got Adam's Album on repeat from another site, so happy thoughts to everyone.
10. Going to vote for Adam www.hotzoneonline.

:)

Anonymous said...

@4:36
I've just voted on that site, but it only lets you vote once, how do you vote multiple times?

HK fan

Anonymous said...

@6:06 Refresh after voting, simply refresh.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who she is, but I got the point, Adam Lambert and Ricky Martin are gay xD

Anonymous said...

margaret cho who? hanson?

Anonymous said...

^ She's a comedian.

Unknown said...

On the head-to-head voting; you have to clear your cookies after each vote. I think it lets you vote about 25x before it stops you for a "cooling off" period. If you use Firefox, go into Tools, Options, Privacy, and uncheck "Accept cookies from site" first,then vote until it stops you. Remember to go back after and re-check "accept cookies from site" which usually allows you to log in to other sites.

Unknown said...

Oh, BTW - who is Margaret Cho anyhow? Never heard of her.

Anonymous said...

She does have a point about Ricky Martin. But, like so what?

Anonymous said...

@8:43
see you lost me there with this 'clear the cookies stuff', I'm rather a technophobe and have absolutely no idea what you mean....

HK fan

daydreaminmylif said...

Anon 5:15 YES I was a Monkey's fan...was in love with Davey Jones! Boy, I am I dating myself or what? Also David Cassidy.

Anonymous said...

I met Davey Jones once when I was about 12,at a charity football match, ageing myself too....
and my previous post should have said 'too' not to.

HK fan

Anonymous said...

So it's hot to be gay. I think Victoria Beckham is serious about becoming a gay icon and she can be very determined..

Anonymous said...

people!!!!!!!!!!!! please help vote:
http://www.hotzoneonline.com/archives/6296
someone please post it on this site!!!!!!!!
hanson fans are laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!
voting ends the 17th....adam is slipping

Anonymous said...

JUST CHECKED IT OUT..HANSON FROM NOWHERE IS AHEAD OF ADAM..THIS IS OUR FAULT...VOTE NOW!http://www.hotzoneonline.com/archives/6296AHEAD

Anonymous said...

hey guys just don't understand how we could let Adam fall so far behind Hanson at 19,000 Adam at 18,000... how could Adam lose to this silly band??
http://www.hotzoneonline.com/archives/6296
adams faithful fans must all be sleeping.
Hanson fans said they will be #1 and they are

Anonymous said...

hanson fans are having a laughing fit......
poor Adam.....they say this is no contest
please vote
http://hotzoneonline.com/archives/6296
can't believe it's not posted here on 24/7

Anonymous said...

what about vh1 peeps? adam was #2 this morning on jump start re: most followed on vh1....i assume that means she's getting the most votes...

we gotta get going on that i think...any guidance on this topic?