Skinpress Demo Rss

Boy George Talks Adam Lambert in New Interview

Filed Under ( ) by Admin on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Posted at : Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Boy George was asked about Adam in a new interview.


THR: Speaking of Idol, what's your impression of Adam Lambert?

George: He came to a party I had in London and was lovely. I think he has a great voice and an incredible range. It's phenomenal. It's special. And I think the glam thing adds to that. It gives him an edge.

THR: Since Idol, Adam has been pretty open about his sexuality, do you wish you could have been more up front about yours at the height of your career?

George: I think you do things in your own time. My family knew I was gay when I was 15, long before I got famous. But it's a very different thing coming out to your family and coming out to the universe. That's a big step. Maybe without me, there wouldn't be Adam Lambert. Without Bowie there, wouldn't be me. Without Quentin Crisp, there wouldn't have been Bowie. So everything is part of a big daisy chain. I think I did what I did at the time. I think it was powerful in some respect. A lot of people come up to me all the time and say thank you for helping me to be who I am. So my thing wasn't just about sexuality. My thing was about anyone who felt different; anyone who felt out of place. Being gay was one part of it.


Source: Hollywood Reporter

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been a fan of Boy George his outrageous style and behavior was off-putting at the time his music was popular.....there's a BUT coming.....but he could sing.

His reputation in England was tarnished by unsavory accusations and when I saw Adam with him in London I thought, oh please Adam that's not going to do you any good.

I need to remind myself sometimes "Judge not, lest ye be judged" a darn good idea no matter what religion you follow.

Having said that I think his statement above is pretty good.............JAK

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for Adam that he had picture with Boy George. Because Boy George reputation is terrible and would be better for Adam ddidn't make any pictures with this idiot! Belive me, this is just about Boy George brain ability. He is very stupid.

Anonymous said...

I have always thought Boys George had a great voice. It doesn't surprise me that he has embraced Adam and his talent. Boy George was a fashion icon back in the 80's and Adam is setting fashion trends in music today. They are both chameleons.

Anonymous said...

I thought Boy George gave a very good interview and he is a part of that daisy chain.

Anonymous said...

Why are people so hateful? Did they learn nothing from the recent debacle, or do they just not care who they hurt?

V

adam luv said...

Loved Boy George and Culture Club so much - both their songs and their look were fabulous!!!

Rebecca said...

i adore Boy George

Fan4fun said...

Dear Adminins.

Please, 24/7 «Paradise» folks,
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let Glambrit Isle of Wight/UK (GIOW/UK) see this picture before calling 911 for her.
Oooops! she is in England... what the hell is the emergency number there?
Thank you.

HK fan said...

@fan4fun
ha, ha, I'd just been thinking the exact same thing 2 secs ago as I clicked on this page...UK number is 999...

Anonymous said...

I'd listen to what anyone who went through ordeal has to say about life, his passions and pretty much everything else. I've watched BG's interviews (old and new) and found a wise man. (Karma) Chameleons, indeed, one more than the other...only because of age. GLb

Fan4fun and HK fan said...

@ HK fan

Sooo.. what are we waiting for? Lets dial it!!!
Hi there!... 999????... somebody, anybody!... pleeeeease?!... help up our fellow GIOW/UK?... poisoned fellow Glambrit in agony???!!!

Anonymous said...

Just read the article about Adam in Metrowny.com. Try to find it,ladies. Don't be very upset about editor. Boy George gave Adam many credits and this is very important for Adam to get love and support from such a celebrity like BG.
Be honest, I am not big fan of Boy George but he made me very happy when he talk about Adam
delilah5

Anonymous said...

Sorry that BG took so many detours in life. I always liked his music and thought he had a beautiful voice. I was a fan in the 80's. Hope he's at a better place in life. He made some pretty bad choices along the way. I also thought of GIOW/UK as soon as I saw the pic. Hope 999 got there in time! funbunn40