Skinpress Demo Rss

Queen And Adam Lambert Tour: Legendary Band Brings “Pure Sensation” To Australian Crowd! Lady Gaga Passes Through To 'Bite The Dust!'

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Posted at : Tuesday, September 02, 2014


The Queen and Adam Lambert tour just finished its Brisbane Entertainment Centre concert and they left the audience in absolute awe.
The Sunday Morning Herald's review calls the legendary performance a "reunion, tribute and baton-passing" rock and roll show with Queen and Lambert delivering "just over two hours of pure sensation straight into the nerves and bones of anyone fortunate enough to witness it."
The review notes that there was still some reluctance from fans when the group's new frontman first appeared on stage. Lambert's "brash delivery and flamboyant stage persona," however, won the crowd over.
By the time the Grammy nominated singer belted out his own cheeky version of 'Killer Queen'-complete with a chaise lounge and a fan-he had already made the crowd "eat out of his hand."
The 'For Your Entertainment' singer further solidified the crowd's approval by thanking them "for suspending their disbelief to let him sing the music, and paying tribute to the late, great Freddie Mercury."
The review continued, "It cements the audience's approval: this man is not trying to be Freddie. He loves him as much as we do, he just sings better than we do at 2am karaoke."
Brian May, on the other hand, didn't just sit back and let their "new man" take centerstage the whole time. He also stepped up and showed off his legendary guitar skills.
He even used a monopod to take a video of the crowd after singing a highly emotional rendition of "Love Of My Life" dedicated to Mercury.
Drummer Roger Taylor had his moment as well. He impressed the audience with his version of "A Kind Of Magic" and had a duet with his son, Rufus Tiger Taylor, reportedly prompting one concert-goer to shout "You've still got it, old man!"
The SMH review continued to praise the group's synergy, writing as conclusion, "It's rare to find a band that everyone likes, with such a musically strong and well-known repertoire."

 Full article:
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/35499/20140902/queen-adam-lambert-tour.htm

14 comments:

Unknown said...


How is it that watching Adam do his thang never gets old?! We are witnessing something VERY special. Adam is the best male performer to come along in AGES.



xo laura




Vagrant said...

Hey @xo Laura,
SOOOO agreeing with you!
Wish this tour would still continue... Honestly, feeling sad already (think I'm g onna have huge withdrawal symptoms...)

Dee R Gee said...

Laura xo, Somehow it never gets old for me, either. He's just so fresh and new each time. He's equally exciting to listen to as he is to look at, of course. He is indeed one in a billion. We'll all miss this once in a lifetime tour.

Anne Marie said...

It might not be over yet, we are still waiting to hear if any events will take place in Europe and UK. Brian was checking into it. It wouldn't be until early 2015, I think. There are still thousands of people in other countries wanting it.
I think the biggest memory for Adam on this tour, is not just being able to be the front man for Queen, but the cherry on top for him to do a duet with Lady
Gaga. These are all dreams come true for him, and I am sure he is still pinching himself that it wasn't all something he just dreamed about, and didn't really happen.

Vagrant said...

@Dee R Gee
You're one of the few 'Loyal Sunshines' still commenting on this site, always love reading your comments! Same with @xo Laura!

Dee R Gee said...

This review brought tears from my eyes, because it expresses a true understanding of Queen and its history. And I loved the special attention paid to Roger and Brian, who are both masters at their craft. There are so few real "rock" shows anymore. This one will be a lifelong memory for thousands. In my fantasy world of dreams, this tour would get some big recognition from major music peeps.

Vagrant, I love reading your comments, too. You speak your mind, but you are level-headed and thoughtful in a great way. I think there are still great people on this site, although some of them are just lurking and not posting. Come on back!

Vagrant said...

@Dee R Gee
Thank you for your kind words. Eloquency is not my middle name and I know I'm often too straight forward...but my heart is in the right place and it is largely owned by Adam, so there's definitely Love & Light there, too!

The change here in July has made me feel a bit lost, lonely & "homeless", hence the tag... Miss so many "familiar faces" commenting, almost 5 years on this site is a long time (although gone by so fast...) Have to leave now, hope to make it back before the Auckland live stream... Cheers!

Unknown said...


Hey Vagrant and Dee R Gee and Anne Marie!
So happy to see your great comments here.
"Loyal Sunshines" all!

We get to witness history in the making together! Ya Hoo!!!



xo laura

Magiclady said...

I have to agree with @Vagrant, I am starting to get very sad.
On the other thread, there was a comment about wishing they would continue to tour worldwide instead of stopping now. I agree and don't want them to lose momentum.
As much as I want to hear new music from Adam, this tour seems so him, and he has been so appreciated and shown such love.
I just love seeing that for him. I am concerned that when he completes this album, he won't get the accolades and the airplay he deserves.
Although many new fans have been gained, there are still millions of people in the US that didn't even know Queen+Adam Lambert even were touring.
I want everyone to see what a great entertainer he is!

Dee R Gee said...

Msgiclady, we've all had your same exact thoughts about adam's album 3 era. We don't want him to backslide at all as a solo artist. His name is well - known but not everyone who knows him buys his music. All we can do is support him with all our hearts. He will work hard. So can we.

Cheri said...

Sounds like we are all feeling the same mix of emotions.....apprehension, bittersweet, yet hopeful still for Adam to get his just rewards. His work ethic is so inspiring. He is an absolute pleasure to support!
He still seems to get better and more beautiful with every passing year...inside and out. For five years now, I have been "obsessed" (in a good way) with him, and this site has been my everyday connection to him. Thanks to all who comment and post to keep this going for us diehard fans. I really appreciate all of you so very much! DRG....you always post exactly what I am thinking...love that! Thanks, everyone......xoxox

PRS said...

I believe only good things await Adam, and I can't wait to "tag along". He is such a good human being in my opinion, and I'm grateful to be able to watch him / his life unfold. He deserves great things!

247 said...

Personally I'm ready to move on to Adam's new music. I'm sure Adam has enjoyed this honor to tour with Queen and its been great to see. I loved the concert I went to. But I'm a fan of Adam and his solo career. I'm not interested in more of him singing Queen songs.

I'm not worried about Adam "backsliding" or not getting his "due" if he focuses on his own career. I'm sure Adam will take pride in his success and be happy even if his solo career doesn't reach the levels of fame Queen has.

I do agree this site isn't what it used to be. The uncontrolled trolling seems to have taken it's toll and this new regime doesn't seem to be the answer. It's too bad.

Dee R Gee said...

I realize I am shamelessly greedy when it comes to Adam. Not only do I want him to have success selling his music and touring, but I also want to see him show up all over the place. On TV shows (both talk shows and series) on awards shows, in movies, in the theater. I believe he has the talent to do these things. I just hope he gets the opportunities to show it.