Skinpress Demo Rss

Revisiting "SarinMods-Talking Heads" 2012 EXCELLENT Interview with Adam Lambert.. Intro and Sound Cloud

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Posted at : Tuesday, September 02, 2014

This interview with Adam Lambert was originally posted as a "Talking Heads New Zealand", by interviewer, Sarin Moddle.. and is posted on her blog, "SarinMods". It re-emerged a few days ago just in time for the New Zealand Queen + Adam Lambert concerts, and for many of us fans, it's new.. 

It's an amazing,  intimate, honest, free-flowing interview... 


       ***Picture of Adam Lambert from 2012 Photoshoot "Stuff" New Zealand  (previously posted here on 24/7 on 10-12-12)

A few EXCERPTS from the blog introduction to the interview, and Sarin's thoughts as she looks back on meeting Adam, and the interview... 

***Be sure to read the REST of the blog... perhaps BEFORE you listen to the interview on the SoundCloud below...

EXCERPTS OF THE BLOG INTRO: (not the interview itself..listen to the interview below in the SoundCloud player)... Pure Adam Lambert, then and now...

"When Sam Wicks called me one afternoon and said “I have a question for you…”, nowhere in my realm of reality did I expect the rest of the sentence to be “Would you be interested in doing a Talking Heads with Adam Lambert?” I informed Sam that was quite possibly the dumbest question I’d ever heard, because of COURSE I wanted to interview the man who was, at the time, my core aesthetic influence. I loved literally everything about him." 

 "As I recall, Sam wanted to focus on Adam’s place in the pop culture margins and his identity as being a bit of an outlier. That vision turned out to be exactly what we needed."



"Standing in the hallway outside the hotel room they’d hired to do press, Sam said, “You’d never get to do this in Canada. This is why you’re in New Zealand.” We went in, I introduced myself, and we took some still photos for the Herald before we were mic’ed up. He asked to switch sides with me on the couch for the photos (“I know my angles” – impressive). From the second we shook hands, we didn’t stop talking… which is why about 20 seconds into the audio, I ask if we’re recording. There was no “start” to our interview – whatever we’d been talking about (something about a Russian photographer refusing to shoot Adam from above because that would make him “look like weak man”) just kept rolling and totally flowed into where Sam and I had wanted the interview to go." 

"When I listen back to this audio, it’s with a mixture of disbelief and regret. Always regret, because no interview is perfect. Because there’s always a bit more clarity to the story arc in retrospect, because you could have made different choices in the moment, because it’s counterintuitive to engage someone in meaningful dialogue without validating them with small murmurs. But I would be remiss if not to say that Adam Lambert is – my own exceeding fandom aside – one of the most kind and welcoming individuals to grace the receiving end of an interviewer’s microphone."

The BLOG LINK: http://sarinmods.wordpress.com/interviews/adam-lambert/

The INTERVIEW: Click on the arrow to listen (18 minutes of listening to Adam speak... always a GOOD thing!! 
   

7 comments:

glitzylady said...

I loved this interview with Adam... I love ALL of his interviews.... This one is particularly good...

Somehow I totally missed this one when it originally happened (How could that BE???!!!)... It's really a treasure, with some deep insights...

I'd love to have another one of these interviews now, with Adam 2 years later... It would be so interesting to hear what he's experienced, learned about himself, etc.. in the past 2 years... So much has happened in his personal life and his career..and some major strides forward for Equality.. So much growth for Adam..

Did I mention I ADORE this guy??? On so many levels....

PRS said...

I loved this interview so much it's one of my bookmarks. I listen to it often when I need to concentrate. His voice soothes my mind and makes me calm and focused.

broddybounce said...

Thank you so much for posting this, @glitzylady -- it's fabulous!! Nope, I hadn't heard it before either. VERY revealing on so many levels.

I realize that the AMAs performances is WAY in the past now but, since he himself volunteered to bring up the subject in answer to the question about "changing self-perceptions," I just want to say that I am very heartened that he came to all of the realizations about why it wasn't received by the mass viewing audience as well as it could have been, and had impact on some subsequent aspects of his unfolding career. I learned a lot.

As we all know, however, Adam's talent and Adam's character triumphed over all (to use an old expression) and his presence, artistry, performance and persona remain to this day, more than 5 years after his appearances on Idol, popular and beloved around the world -- which is a wonderful accomplishment.

Indeed, Adam has become, as Simon had predicted on the Idol Finale (with his tail between his legs -- and I'm paraphrasing here) "a true international recording artist."

JAK said...

Whenever I hear Adam interviewed he amazes me with his naturalness....he is a chatterbox and so very self aware and at home in his soul.

Anonymous said...

Nice comment from Marc Martel of Queen Extravaganza:

"In my opinion, Queen has the current best male singer in the world singing for them," Martel says of Lambert. "I went to see their show in New York, and the dude does not strain or miss a single note. He's an incredible virtuoso.

From this interview:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/09/03/marc-martel-paradise-premiere/14996237/

Dee R Gee said...

Incredibly insightful interview with Adam. He is a indeed and walking talking PHD in gay insights. He's is so articulate and open and honest. He lets you in. He's unafraid. He admits his missteps and moves. He lets us in on his times of unsure-ness. He always see him as so confident, when actually he's just seeing his way each day like the rest of us.

Love Marc Martel's comments about Adam. They each portray Queen in a different way and for different reasons. Both talented, but oh so different. Briand and Roger knew what they were doing in both cases. Marc seems level-headed and realistic about the whole comparison thing. He keeps it in perspective. SO glad he got to see Adam live in concert and witness the greatness.

Dee R Gee said...

Oops. "WE always see him as confident." Bad typing. Made no sense.