Skinpress Demo Rss

San Francisco: GT Triple Play!

Filed Under () by broddybounce on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Posted at : Thursday, April 23, 2015


24/7 is primarily a news site and so we don't "just blog" all that often here, but this is one story well worth sharing.   I work overnights in San Francisco and was driving back home around 5:15am this morning, and decided to see if, by any chance, the local Top 40 stations might have added "Ghost Town" into rotation.

I first turned on Alice 97.3, one of the stations we posted about yesterday who interviewed Adam on their morning show.  They were playing Maroon 5's "Maps" and then they announced "New Music!"  Could it be.......YES!  It was GT! what timing! and it sounded wonderful on the radio.

When that finished, I decided to check with the other SF station who interviewed him yesterday, Star 101.3, but not thinking I'd hear it then, if at all for awhile.  I tuned in:  they were in the middle of playing the song!

That ended, I was already pretty elated that I had heard it one after the other on two different stations, but I wondered, should I push my luck?  One of the other big Top 40 stations in town, 99.7 [NOW!] (yes, that's how the station is named) was just coming out of a commercial break.  Then they announced "New Music!"  Again, could it be..?  Yes!  GT!

So, this morning, in the space of 15 minutes, it was a San Francisco 'triple play' for "Ghost Town."  I hope it's a very good sign of things to come nationally, and internationally. 

Readers, if you have any similar stories in your town or city, please add to comments!

Note: When I got home I went to look up GT on each  of those station's website's continuous running playlists.  Although there was definitely enough space between songs, time-wise, where I had heard GT on each of those stations, oddly Adam and the GT graphic was not listed on any of them, completely missing; but perhaps this is because the song isn't supposed to officially drop, radio-wise, until next week?

10 comments:

glitzylady said...

Thanks for sharing that awesome info @Broddybounce!!! I like the sound of that!!!

yada said...

Wow, thats GREAT news, Broddy!!! So encouraging .....

As you said, let's hope this a sign of more to come all over the national markets.

BTW, I really like this thread idea you have of peeps posting their similar accounts. Its a way to stay focused and encouraged about all this, and also feel like we're getting a feel for the air play for GT. Positively channels our energies (at a tine when we really need it :))

Thank you for opening this up! :)))

Dee R Gee said...

Great news! It means that the song is getting airplay. I think you might be right about it wasn't listed on those stations' lists. The official radio drop is the 28th, so maybe it will start showing up on the lists then. Hope we can keep GT on the airwaves right up to the release of TOH. And, I can't wait for the release of the official GT music video. I'll bet it will be a trip!

Anonymous said...

I remember hearing Trespassing on the radio coming back from GA a couple years ago. It was 2:00 a.m. and I had 97.7 KIIS FM on to help stay awake. It was one of the few times I got to hear it on the radio. I think the hours they played GT at 5:15 is a good sign that it is getting a turn, but I wondered back with TP how that time would reach a broader audience. It would be nice to know it is getting airplay during the daytime too. Perhaps next week the fun will start!

Anonymous said...

Dam I love your story thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the story @Broddybounce, awesome! :)

Gabi said...

This is so AWESOME!!! These three stations are the SF Bay Area's major radio stations and the ones I'm targeting with my tweets and re-tweets. I asked all of them this morning if they could please play GT again. (Heard it for the first time on Radio Alice yesterday!). Got distracted with some real life stuff this morning, but so cool to hear that all of them played GT, even Now which had never played anything from Adam, I will go back to thank them. Positive feedback is so important :)))

Anonymous said...

Lucky you for hearing the triple play. For me it was the opposite. I was out this morning driving to an appt. and kept on changing channels,both on the regular ones and on Sirius to see if I could hear Ghost Town in this NYC/NJ area and I did not. It's all a matter of timing I guess, but I hope that they will be playing it here if the official radio drop is the 28th.

Anonymous said...

Hey @broddybee,
Why not blog too every now and then!?!
Nice change, :)))
Thank you and YAY for Adam!!!

Anonymous said...

Havent heard it at all from the stations in Corpus Christi, TX. I sure hope they will be playing it soon.
EJ