Skinpress Demo Rss

From Frontiers Media: Article/Interview "Adam Lambert: Rock’s Gay Prince on the Art of Reinvention" PLUS!! "Adam Lambert's Hollywood"

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Thursday, May 28, 2015

Posted at : Thursday, May 28, 2015

From Frontiers Media: 

NOTE: UPDATED/EDITED to include "Adam Lambert's Hollywood" feature: see at the bottom of this page!! Where Adam eats, shops, etc.. 

"Adam Lambert: Rock's Gay Prince On The Art Of Reinvention"


          PHOTO CREDIT: FROM THE ARTICLE, PAGE 3

LINK TO THE FULL ARTICLE HERE (3 PAGES)

"From 'American Idol' contestant to frontman of Queen, he reinvents himself once more on his third album, his most contemplative and personal to date" 

Excerpts From The 3 Page Article/Interview

" “This album is a throwback to the ‘90s,” explains Adam Lambert. “It’s the soundtrack to my life.”--- “I want to wipe the slate clean,” he says, referring to his past sound and Idol-influenced work. Out June 12, the album is grimier, darker and more introspective than his first two, For Your Entertainment (2009) and Trespassing (2012). Still, Lambert wants you to dance. Though the beats and lyrics are more contemplative, the goal is to move not just a WeHo dance floor but the rest of America as well. As the country gets comfortable with its gay idols, Lambert’s unrepentant and honest approach to pop stardom has gained a following beyond any traditional gay fan base."

"Lambert has worked inside the entertainment business for almost a decade and a half, years before his American Idol debut. While he believes the show certainly jumpstarted his career, his 15 years as an Angeleno also shaped him creatively and personally. The Original High is an attempt to capture that sense of joy—Lambert’s happiness before he became the biggest gay pop star in America."

____________________________



PLUS!!!! "ADAM LAMBERT'S HOLLYWOOD" FEATURED IN THE MAGAZINE BUT NOT LINKED IN THE ARTICLE





16 comments:

Gabi said...

So hopefully with this album he'll move from "biggest gay pop star" to biggest "star". Good write-up though :)

glitzylady said...

It's a GLBT publication so the focus was partly on that.... But yes, biggest star would be even better ultimately..

Adam is all about "Post-Gay", that place when we can all get beyond labels..

Dee R Gee said...

URBAN ANGST. I've been mulling over in my mind what I would call Adam's latest sound. I think it's a sound that has always been in his soul. Although he does sing some happy, upbeat, even funny songs sometimes (and he does have a great sense of humor), I think his heart is in the more introspective, thoughtful, philosophical vein. He has said that if he wasn't a performer, he would likely be in psychology or counseling or something like that. He says that he and his friends talk about life's goals and challenges a lot. He's a club boy and loves the city life.

If I was to name his most authentic musical identity, I'd call it "URBAN ANGST." That doesn't mean it's sad or cranky. It's thoughtful, but sometimes troubled and searching. I think that's Adam a lot of the time. JMO.

The Dark Side said...

I think this article right on. The LGBT community has never had an out Icon that is a big star in their own right who is proud and loud. He has given lots of young people a voice and hope. He is due for National recognition. I'm sick of non American gays being touted in this ou try!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that some of his favorite bars for nightlife, were also hotels, how handy. Was surprised he didn't mention MM part ownership in a bar, and also MMs restaurant, The Nice Guy. I think he is going to the more pricey and classy places. Also possibly more privacy.

Gabi said...

@Dee R Gee, perfect description with "URBAN ANGST"!!! I'm so feeling it with Adam's fresh, new sound. For me it's real, it's somewhat intriguing, it's sensual, and sexy :)

I have no issue whatsoever with the title "Rock's Gay Prince", especially in this publication, but with regard to a strive for a more "post gay'" world and musical landscape I think a plain "superstar" status would be nice too. I think Adam wouldn't mind either;)

Anonymous said...

The gay part needs to be an afterthought.

JAK said...

I thought the word 'queer' was passe'.....

Wiping the slate clean of his past sound does not bode well for me, I liked, loved, his past sound, still do.
Musically he's moving away from much I like. I guess the very wide generation gap is showing. Electronic music in large loud doses is not for me.
I may have to content myself with his previous albums, Idol music and Thank Queen for the timeless classic songs that Adam sang so brilliantly. I'm still hoping I will find a few songs on The Original High I like.

I thought that a post-gay world would be without labels, I agree with 2:18 that the gay part needs to be an afterthought.

Dee R Gee said...

JAK, I love all of Adam's early stuff, too, but I think he'll still give us some of that sound in the future, too, along with new creations. He is evolving, but he also knows what his fans hold on to. After all, that Adam we all fell in love with was our ORIGINAL HIGH.

Anonymous said...

And we will be searching for that original high as Adam moves on to more current sounds and we are left behind, hoping for an album with Queen.

Dee R Gee said...

I don't think I will be left behind. Adam's voice captures me pretty much every time. But an album with Queen would be great, too.

LAMBERT Outlaw said...

I don't know ..... the songs from TOH that have been released so far ... have somewhat satisfied my need for new ADAM music. I Love ... Underground ... Another Lonely Night ... Like Ghost Town & Evil in the Night. Haven't heard enough of The Original High .. just snippets ... to make any decision about it yet. I'm just waiting to see what else ADAM has for us on TOH album ... wish June would Hurry Up!! Starting to get antsy again!!

tess4ADAM(LAMBERT Outlaw)

JAK said...

I'm anxious for that day to arrive too. I'm very curious to hear what Adam and Brian did with "Lucy" and I want to hear all of The Original High, I liked the little bit I heard........very high!

glitzylady said...

I listen to a LOT of new music.. I will absolutely not be left behind!!!! Really loving his 4 new songs from 'The Original High' and from what I've been hearing from "those who know", is that "we ain't heard nothin' yet!!!!!"...

Each "era" (Idol, FYE, Trespassing, the Queen + Adam Lambert interlude..) has been unique and special for me as an Adam Lambert fan.. I doubt very much that this new Adam Lambert "Era 3" will disappoint..

I'm in agreement with @LAMBERT Outlaw... so excited for June 16th when we hear ALL of the new music!! And get this era rolling full speed ahead!!!!

Anonymous said...

Too bad we aren't all as hip and cool as glitzylady :(

Anonymous said...

Yes Glitzlady is hip and cool! Adam album is also hip and cool. Those 4 songs can make many Glamberts melt. Evidently you not even cool. Gini