Skinpress Demo Rss

From Radio.com: NEW Interview Adam Lambert 'The Original High', '80's Covers, Queen, & Broadway (+ VIDEOS)

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Posted at : Wednesday, July 01, 2015

From Radio.com: Interview (+Videos) with Adam Lambert


Interview (EMBEDDED LINK HERE):

Adam Lambert on ‘The Original High,’ ’80s Covers, Queen and Broadway

Excellent, in-depth interview: a Must Read!

Excerpt from the interview: Adam talks about what he'd want to do if he does something on Broadway in the future:
Q.: So, if you could take your pick, what would you want to do on Broadway?

Adam: If I were going to do a musical, I would want it to be something new. I’d want to originate something. I wouldn’t want to step into something that the last guy did. I was getting frustrated with that with theater to begin with: when you get into these shows that have become “brands” — and I have a lot of respect for those shows — but it sort of gets so “locked in” to how it was originally staged, and that didn’t feel like the most creative opportunity. I want to have some input into how my character moves and dresses and sounds. And with these shows that have been running for a long time, it becomes like a theme park. “This is where you stand, this is how you say the line, this is how you sing the note, and you can’t do it any other way.” I hate being told what to do. So it needs to be like a collaboration.

VIDEOS:

"For the past few years, Adam Lambert has been singing for Queen on their tours, filling in for his idol Freddie Mercury. In this Radio.com interview, he talks about when he finally got comfortable with the role."




"Adam Lambert has just released "The Original High" on his new record label, Warner Brothers Records. At one point, he was rumored to be doing an album of '80s cover songs for his former label RCA. In this Radio.com interview, he explains why singing new wave songs wasn't for him." "


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Adam on Broadway in an original musical role written just for him. I would buy a ticket immediately if and when it was announced. Hopefully that will happen in my lifetime. Right now his focus is on the new album and then on performing with Queen in So. America in Sept. Most of his fans want to see him tour with TOH, but I guess album sales and other factors will determine if that will happen. Adam is such an amazing performer on stage and he needs to get back there esp. now since he has some really sexy dance moves we have seen with GT performances.

Dee R Gee said...

I feel strongly that Adam will perform in some kind of theater show or film. It's just got to happen. And I agree with him that he should do an original show. Adam has so much untapped potential.

Anonymous said...

Since Adam doesn't like to be told what to do - seeing him in a stage play or film is not too promising.
Performers are the hired help - directors are the boss.

Anonymous said...

Adam is Broadway and it has to happen WHEN the time is right! (not as entourage now
but in a starring role). Time to enjoy what the universe has thrown him right now but
that roller coaster wonderment will never cease with creative opportunities in the future.

Dee R Gee said...

Adam may say he doesn't like to be told what to do, but I'll bet anything that he is not hard to work with. He has respect. I think that if he was in a live show, he would be a good cast member who is willing to collaborate. Anyone who has ever worked with him says how great he is to be with. I don't foresee big problems if he does get an acting role of some kind.

Anonymous said...

If an original role in a musical comes along for Adam, I am sure he would take it if it fit into his schedule in the future. I hope it will happen. Adam and Broadway go together. He has many friends currently performing in a Broadway show and you often see that when he is in NYC, he usually gets to see at least one musical. I'd pay any price for an orchestra seat to see him perform on the Broadway stage.

Anonymous said...

Broadway sounds so NOT Adam at this point. Hopefully not in the near future either. Maybe when he is over 40... but I hope not.

Don't see his younger fans wishing that either.

Adam has said a clear no. Stop asking him this (journalists)!