Skinpress Demo Rss

Omaha: Adam Lambert on fronting Queen: ‘This is crazy. This is my life’

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Thursday, July 6, 2017

Posted at : Thursday, July 06, 2017



Adam Lambert used to sing on cruise ships and small theater productions.
And then he auditioned for “American Idol.” By the end of that season, he had placed second, become a pop sensation and performed with members of Queen.
It led to a successful solo career as well as several festival and arena tours fronting Queen alongside original members Brian May and Roger Taylor.
Before Queen + Adam Lambert landed in Omaha on Saturday, we caught up with Lambert about the tour, his solo career, connecting with huge audiences and stepping into iconic frontman Freddie Mercury’s shoes.


Q. So what is it like standing behind the stage, ready to step out and front Queen? Do you think at all about how Freddie Mercury would do it?
A. When we first started working together, I was very intimidated by that idea. Immediately when this came together, I was honored. It was an opportunity I was never gonna pass up.
But it was scary. I mean, Freddie.
Over the past five years, we’ve seen that it worked and the audience loved it, and we’ve grown more connected as a band. We have a lot of fun together.
The music itself has gotten into my body like it is in their bodies.


Read the FULL ARTICLE HERE:


Adam Lambert on fronting Queen: ‘This is crazy. This is my life’  



Posted by @Admin Fan for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS 

 

3 comments:

Nanbert said...

I still think someone should make a movie of Adam's life....with HIM playing himself! If it weren't true, people would say..."Nah, that's unbelieveable!"

I hope...I'm sure ... that it'll just keep getting better and better for Adam...if that's possible...in his life and his career.... but mostly, that's he's happy!

Dee R Gee said...

I think only Adam could play Adam. I can't think of any actor on the planet who could play him and make it believable. I truly think that someday there WILL be a movie of Adam's life. He's accomplished a lot of milestones.

Nanbert said...

The problem is that they should make the movie while Adam is still young enough to play himself at an earlier age, too. But it would be outrageous for someone to lip-synch Adam!
Of course, there might be enough good early video of him available to use.