Skinpress Demo Rss

Express And Star: Queen star Adam Lambert talks ahead of show at Arena Birmingham

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Friday, November 24, 2017

Posted at : Friday, November 24, 2017




Queen and Adam Lambert will return to Arena Birmingham on Thursday and December 16 to showcase a new stage production and set list.

Fans can look forward to a raft of surprises as well as some of the greatest rock hits ever written.
Adam has made the role of Queen lead singer his own, playing alongside surviving Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor.
He had an instant chemistry with them and feels at home when he gets back on the road with his rock brothers.
In a recent interview, he said: “It was obvious to all three of us that this felt really natural. They liked what I was doing musically. It just felt connected. Then things snowballed. They said after that [American Idol] performance, “Hey, we’re interested in doing something.” I said, “Yeah, me too, but hold on a bit—let me get my album out. Then one thing after another happened.”
Adam is a flamboyant performer and loves the camp nature of some of Queen’s biggest hits. He tries to push things as far as he can and finds it liberating to be able to show off. He hopes the audience enjoys his theatrics and loves the fact that some bands were so over the top in the 1970s and 1980s, not taking themselves too seriously. He’s also glad to stand out from the crowd, treading a different path to many of his contemporaries.
“A lot of the big male pop artists that are successful right now, in my opinion, seem to have to fit a certain type of behavior. It’s very homogenized; a lot of them act and talk and dress the same. I think the idea is, “Do you feel like you could either be his best friend, or is he somebody you’d want to sleep with?” Those are the two types.”



Read the FULL ARTICLE HERE:


Express And Star: Queen star Adam Lambert talks ahead of show at Arena Birmingham 


Posted by @Admin Fan for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS


2 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

Nice to get a current interview with Adam. I love how introspective he is about himself. His worries and trepidations, but always trying to stay true to himself. I know we're all so ready for his new music. Bluesy? More rock? I DON'T CARE! I just want it.

Nanbert said...


Dee R Gee.....I'll go you one further.....I don't care is it's Queen's,Adam's, or some other's music....I just want him to keep singing and performing! He can sing anything, everything...anywhere.....so he's got a lot of territory to cover!

There's a lot of older, classic, iconic music out there just begging for Adam's unequalled vocals. I'd love to see him do more covers...as only HE could do.....goose-bump type music!
Music that only a few have sung well, but HE can knock out of the ballpark!

Know what I mean?