Skinpress Demo Rss

Blabbermouth.net: QUEEN's ADAM LAMBERT Says Upcoming Las Vegas Residency Will Allow Band 'To Experiment A Little Bit More'

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Sunday, May 20, 2018

Posted at : Sunday, May 20, 2018



QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT frontman Adam Lambert participated in a "BUILD Series" question-and-answer session with host Kevan Kenney in New York City. You can now watch the discussion below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).
On whether he had any trepidation about stepping into the role of lead singer for QUEEN as the replacement for Freddie Mercury:
Adam: "It was definitely something that crossed my mind and it was something that was discussed. I was, like, 'Is that crazy for me to do it? Is it career suicide for me to even try this?' And we kind of looked at [QUEEN's 2011 performance at the] EMAs [MTV Europe Music Awards] as sort of, like, testing the water a little bit. And truthfully, online, it was a mixed reaction. Some people loved it, some people were, like, 'How dare you?' Which I took as a dare to keep doing it, 'cause I'm that kind of guy. I was, like, 'Okay. I'll do better next time.' And I think that pressure and that expectation from fans around the world of QUEEN and what they expected, that pushed me to be even better and to grow."


Read the FULL ARTICLE HERE:

Blabbermouth.net: QUEEN's ADAM LAMBERT Says Upcoming Las Vegas Residency Will Allow Band 'To Experiment A Little Bit More'


Posted by @Admin Fan for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS


11 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

I'm really excited about the Vegas res because I think QAL will change up the look of the stage and will likely change up the set list a little. (The biggest hits will stay, of course!) I'm also hoping that Adam gives his stage outfits an extra oomph of glam and glitz, very appropriate for Vegas. And that he camps it up as much as possible and has a lot of fun. I still like my idea of Adam coming out and dancing onstage with a whole bunch of Vegas showgirls all dressed in their spangles and headdresses and heels, and Adam is dressed like them, but we don't know it, until he comes up front and takes off the costume, and there he is! I get the feeling that Brian and Roger are looking forward to this gig. Kind of on their bucket list!

Lam-My said...

Adam Lambert and Queen have definitely morphed into one distinct affinity, one Band. Yes, more camp and cheeky is okay; Adam can be camp to the max but with originality; I do not agree with Adam kicking up his long legs with a line of dancing girls and people guessing who is the one that's Adam; that certainly will kill originality, with low-level humour. I've always had great admiration and expectation of QAL; throw in funny stunts with class combined with their outstanding musicality.

Lam-My said...

How about Adam do some Elvis...I don't mean dress-up or mimicry, rather, as Adam. I remember Adam mentored the AI Elvis week and he showed one contestant how to sing Blue Suede Shoes; or sing Love Me Tender to Brian lwl!

Dee R Gee said...

My show girl scenario was pretty much a joke, but I do hope they ramp up the camp a bit.

Lam-My said...


Final Two Maestros still hold 80,000's attention at The Padang Singapore.

https://youtu.be/Ke_hF-jinvg

A kind of magic Live in Singapore Grand Prix 2016/09/17 Queen+Adam Lambert

Wing Hung Li
Published Sep 21, 2016

Lam-My said...

This is an open-air live show so the backdrop buildings are real; I kind of like the purity of the ambiance, no lasers just one powerful spotlight on the Q-walk.

Lam-My said...

DRG...it's okay, if that's what you like; by now you probably know my priority is always originality of ideas with the capability to execute them.

Mi Re La said...

Adam Lambert : Out To Brunch at the Cecconi's 2018-05-20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BRCASZ1FA

Mi Re La said...

Adam Lambert's 5 IG stories : with friends at his house 2018-05-20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZUDnfJcWY4

Nanbert said...

Oh please...No dancing Vegas showgirls! QAL doesn't NEED them Too many performers have everything but the kitchen sink on the stage with them these days...overkill!! Great music doesn't need frou-frou!

Nanbert said...

Also...the LAST thing Adam should do is "imitate"or refer to Elvis at all. That would be really cheap and tacky. Vegas is so loaded with Elvis impersonators that you can't walk without tripping over one!