Skinpress Demo Rss

New Adam Lambert Interview: The Guardian "Now There's An Audience For Me Being Exactly Who I Am"

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Friday, June 29, 2018

Posted at : Friday, June 29, 2018

New Adam Lambert Interview from The Guardian "Now There's An Audience For Me Being Exactly Who I Am"

"The fuss over his sexuality in 2009 highlights how attitudes have moved on in a decade. Ahead of a European tour with Queen, the singer looks back on prejudice and how he helped change pop"


LINK:



A few QUOTES from the much longer interview:
We talk about getting older. Lambert is 36, having started his pop journey in 2009 on season eight of American Idol. He likes certain things about being in his 30s. “I’ve got myself pretty well sorted. I get who I am. I can call myself out, but man, these hangovers last way too long, don’t they?” he cackles, as he does often. “I do feel my age, but in some ways, it’s a bit of a Peter Pan thing. I play dressup and sing for a living.”
“No one gives you an instruction guide on how to be a queer celebrity,” he says. “Ten years ago, it wasn’t a lane that was really that clear. I’d been in the arts, in LA, my whole adult life at that point, so [my sexuality] wasn’t an issue,” he says. “Then all of a sudden, I was like: ‘Oh shit, this is what homophobia is.’ It was a wake-up call for me. It was sad.”
At a recent event in LA championing gay musicians, singer Parson James said: “A lot of people bashed him for what he did [the controversial 2009 AMA kiss/performance], but to be honest, I think if people like him didn’t come around when the conversations were so mum, then we couldn’t have people like Troye [Sivan] or myself.” How does that make Lambert feel? “Beautiful,” he says. “That was a really nice thing to hear.” He shuffles about in his seat again. “I didn’t get into this to be a role model, but then slowly I realised it was a responsibility I wanted. There’s so much good that can come from being a leader and being open.”



Posted by @glitzylady for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS



3 comments:

Nanbert said...

Again...Adam is more introspective and open....about his early career....and more relaxed about his future.

I especially like his statement above...."Now there's an audience for me being exactly who
I am."

Of course, THAT audience has always been Glamberts! But more and more, the general public, world-wide...and certainly Adam's peers in the entertainment world....have come to realize his extraordinary talent and showmanship....forged to their current "keeness" in the "fires" of Queen and Adam Lambert...Iconic!

Dee R Gee said...

It will be interesting to see how A4 is promoted. Adam's been extremely busy since TOH, but anyone who doesn't follow him doesn't know he's been touring with Queen, etc. I hope he gets a decent boost from the Vegas QAL shows. He needs some strong visibility to help him move into New Album Mode. His faithful fans have always been there for him. But he sure could use a whole new slew of fans, too. We never know which QAL tour will be the last. We have to savor it while we can. Then Adam will be back to 100% solo.

Nanbert said...

Dee R Gee....yeah, we know he's picked up new fans with Queen....but it still needs to be seen how well they transfer over to Adam solo. Many will definitely, but others may slide away without Queen as their main draw.

But I still feel that Adam is more firmly advanced in his career, worldwide, because of his touring with Queen...and the huge audiences he's exposed to....than he would be with only his solo career. Queen really tested his mettle and sharpened his skills!

No matter, either way, there's no stopping him now! He's ONE of a kind! An icon!