Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert Twitter & IG: GQ Magazine UK: "Adam Lambert on gay pride, touring with Queen and his favourite tattoos"

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Friday, July 6, 2018

Posted at : Friday, July 06, 2018

Adam Lambert Twitter & Instagram "Thank you @BritishGQ" to GQ Magazine UK for their Interview :"Adam Lambert on gay pride, touring with Queen and his favourite tattoos"

LINK to the interview: 

"Ahead of London Pride this weekend, adopted Queen frontman Adam Lambert talks about what it means to be gay in the music industry"



A post shared by ADAMLAMBERT (@adamlambert) on




A few QUOTES from the article... be sure to read the rest of the Q & A accessed in any of the links above..there's much more! 
After the Orlando shooting and the Manchester bombing, do you worry about performing? These events definitely caught me off guard and scared the hell out of me. Events in Paris, events in Orlando, Ariana’s concert – all these terrible tragedies have scared me. I feel somewhat reassured by amazing security teams that have been put into place, at least for our concerts. I think there's a lot of new security protocols that have been put into place, both on stage and in the audience, so that makes me feel better. Letting that stop what we do is letting them win and we don’t want that.
Which of your tattoos means the most to you? I have a tattoo of Antinous, emperor Hadrian’s lover on my ribs. It was a very public relationship, and they travelled around together until Antinous died while they were visiting Egypt. He drowned in the Nile. Hadrian was so gutted that he cried for weeks, and then he named the city where Antinous drowned after him, had the government declare him as a demigod, and created several temples around the empire dedicated to Antinous. He became the most sculpted figure in Roman art for about 200 years. To me, the story was just so romantic. They were like the early gay power couple.
My next tattoo will be focused on classical art and the stories behind it. I think I might have found something new on a recent trip to an Amsterdam museum.


Adam Lambert 
Photo credit: Getty Images (from the GQ article)



Posted by @glitzylady for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS



1 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

I love the story of Antinous. Never knew anything about him. I can see how he touches Adam's heart. Wonder what his "classical" tattoo will be? Never a dull moment in AdamLand!