Skinpress Demo Rss

Carrie Underwood narrowing airplay gap with Adam Lambert

Filed Under (, ) by Admin on Monday, June 21, 2010

Posted at : Monday, June 21, 2010



Is the reign of Adam Lambert's Whataya Want From Me coming to an end? It has had an impressive run atop the American Idol airplay chart, but Carrie Underwood's latest, Undo It, is breathing down its neck. If each has another week like last week (with WWFM dropping about 200 spins, according to Mediabase, and Undo It gaining nearly 500), they'll be neck and neck next week. Should Carrie overtake Adam, I believe that would give Carrie her first No. 1 on the Idol airplay chart since we started running it in early 2009.

Whatever happens, Adam's got a replacement waiting in the wings, as If I Had You is at No. 41 at the Top 40 format, almost a sure shot to enter next week's top 40.

1 1 Adam Lambert, Whataya Want From Me (7976) (#8 AC, #2 Hot AC))

2 2 Carrie Underwood, Undo It (7253) (#6 Country)

3 3 Daughtry, Life After You (5528) (#9 AC, #9 Hot AC)

4 4 Kris Allen, Live Like We're Dying (5265) (#7 AC)

5 5 Kelly Clarkson, Already Gone (4859) (#5 AC)

6 6 Daughtry, No Surprise (2655)

7 7 Fantasia, Bittersweet (2646) (#24 Urban, #7 Urban AC)

8 10 Bucky Covington, A Father's Love (The Only...) (2607) (#25 Country)

9 9 Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (2100)

10 12 Daughtry, Home (1815)

30 32 Adam Lambert, If I Had You (760)

USATODAY

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sirius my hits one-- now has top 20 with Adam lambert "If I had you". I just went to vote for WWFM , thinking he will maybe get more air time having won the award. I did a double take because it was If I Had you, Before it was only on the lower right side of page now it is in the top 20 vote. This will get it air play vote ! vote ! vote!

Anonymous said...

Yes Anon @ 6:28 - I went to vote for WWFM on Sirius too and saw IIHY - vote vote vote

Anonymous said...

If I Had You should be more higher....Why aren't the radios playing the song?? So annoying. It should be the summer song of the year.

Anonymous said...

I agree 7:08. They're not playing it.

Anonymous said...

go to sirius xm hits 1. scroll down and click the first bubble for iihy. it is right there.

Anonymous said...

I feel radio has indeed been slow to add IIHY... I listen to Boston, MA & Prov., RI stations and both were pretty darn good, right from the get-go, with playing WWFM... but even these stations have been slow to add/play IIHY!! 92 Pro Fm out of Prov. is playing it here and there now thank goodness. Keep requesting politely and don't give up 'though.

Shirley said...

IF I HAD U is the perfect summer song. I strongly believe the radio will start playing it full force in the coming weeks. Keep requesting!

Anonymous said...

do the comments not come up straight away,?

Anonymous said...

SOMETIMES ??? BUT STILL 24/7 IS THE BEST SITE EVER !!!! GO 24/7 !!! GO FAN'S !!! GO ADAM !!!

Anonymous said...

Heard "If I Had You" on my favorite radio station in Ohio today twice. Need less to say I was so happy to hear it being played...I think maybe our Adam has arrived.

Anonymous said...

IIHY has been getting radio airplay here in NZ for at least 3 weeks here, also the video was on our music tv channels the day after it was released. Not to bad for our little country downunder.

Glitz and Sparkles said...

I called a radio station (Hawaii) to request IIHY and the DJ said that IIHY "didn't test well" .. whatever that means. So they weren't playing it anymore...huh?

I replied with "It just came out, how can that be?"

Some higher force might be dictating what gets played and what doesn't.

I plan on calling again when a different DJ is on....