Skinpress Demo Rss

Nigel Lythgoe: Expect Adam to be well behaved at SYTYCD

Filed Under ( ) by Admin on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Posted at : Tuesday, December 15, 2009


'So You Think You Can Dance' finale expects a well-behaved Adam Lambert, producer says
1 hour, 42 minutes ago
By Lynn Elber, The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - "So You Think You Can Dance" producer Nigel Lythgoe won't predict which dancer will end up the winner on Wednesday's season finale. But he's confident that guest star Adam Lambert is going to be well-behaved. Lythgoe said he passed the message to Lambert's camp that he doesn't expect any surprises during the live, two-hour episode, airing at 8 p.m. EST on Fox.

Last month, Lambert's racy performance during the American Music Awards on ABC drew the ire of the network, which contended that Lambert went further than he had during rehearsals. He was dropped by ABC from a "Good Morning America" appearance. Lythgoe said he thinks Lambert may have enjoyed making a splash but will perform as rehearsed for "So You Think You Can Dance." Lambert was last season's "American Idol" runner-up to winner Kris Allen.

Other singers on the dance finale include Jennifer Lopez, Mary J. Blige and Leona Lewis, with performances by the Groovaloos dance group and by the show's top 20 contestants. The finalists include husband-and-wife competitors Ashleigh and Ryan Di Lello along with Russell Ferguson, Jakob Karr, Kathryn McCormick and Ellenore Scott. Viewers cast votes for the dancers after Tuesday's performance show. The winner revealed Wednesday receives a $250,000 cash prize.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, Nigel:
1. You're the father of Simon Lythgoe of American Idol (a part of which you control).
2. You're a raging homophobe (with televised untasteful remarks to prove it).
3. You're assuming that Adam hasn't learned from his AMA performance (without your advice).

1 + 2 + 3 = You are an "ARSE" to quote your own countrymen.

Doriangrey

Anonymous said...

WHO CARES ABOUT THIS GUY !!!! GO ADAM !!

Anonymous said...

Burns me up the way some people are treating Adam, I for one love that he is not afraid to show man on man sexuality. In my opinion that is what all the fuss is about not that his act was risque but that it was man on man sexuality. Nigel is homophobic, don't like him or his remarks to some of the dancers about being more masculine when they dance etc, I like him even less after his remark about Adam. I usually tape SYTYCD just so I can fast forward when he speaks.

Anonymous said...

What an arrogant ass. I don't need to watch that program anymore!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that Adam is on the finale of this show,, however, I am upset in general about how Adam is being treated like a 5 year old,,, he has made his amends, I am sure learned his lesson, Nigel, and doesn't need to be reminded over and over,,, many people will be watching the finale because of Adam on it,,, and let's face it,,, if Nigel didn't think that Adam would be a big pull for the show and get lots of ratings, he wouldn't have invited him to be on the show,,,, so... I am the biggest adam fan, and even though his FYI performance didn't bother me, I was afraid it would bite him later, and it looks like it is,,, I wish everyone would just forget about it and get over it,,, I agree with another comment I heard that from the beginning, I didn't think that FYI song was the best choice for his debut single,,, it didn't showcase his voice well, like many of the other songs on his album do,,, and even though I love his performance skills, I think that everyone really wants to hear his incredible voice and those clear high notes,,, let's hope that adam gets back to where he started in this journey and people like nigel leave him alone and start trusting him again, realizing that he is a very smart grown man, and from now on will know what to do and how to play the game,,, go adam,,, we love you!

h235 said...

Isn't it amazing that he had no rules set down for the other performers!!!!! Just a little bit of discrimination!!!! Dont worry Adam we luv ya always!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a hypocrite...have you watched SYTYCD...good God, the female dancers wear very few clothes, they protray domestic violence as dance, on multiple occasions the male dancer has "killed" the female during the routine, they show dancers bound together during the routine, the dancers simulate full-on sex on stage and the routine gets an Emmy nomination but dear God, please don't let the gay musical artist show any sexuality...that is not acceptable. What a bunch of BS.

Anonymous said...

I never watch SYTYCD but I am tonight because of Adam. I am outraged that this guy would even bring something like that up. Why isn't he saying that about JLo and Mary Jo Blidge? Those two are on record as trying to out DIVA the other one tonight on the show. What about that freak show huh? Adam doesn't have to be told like a child to behave. He all ready discussed that on the freaking view. God I'll never watch this show unless Adam is on again. What a pompous ass. You know if while I was watching tonight if I did like it that jerk just made me decide I wouldn't watch it anyway.