Skinpress Demo Rss

Adam Lambert talks about the 'Third Single'

Filed Under ( ) by Admin on Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Posted at : Wednesday, March 03, 2010


Have you decided on a third US single yet?
"I think it's probably going to be 'If I Had You'. I think it's got a great message. It does sound a bit cliché but I love promoting love and acceptance and I think the song definitely gets that across. In the pop market we're so sex-saturated and a lot of the big artists are popular because they're "so fierce!" and badass. I love that and get a kick out of that - people like GaGa and Beyoncé especially - but that's the ground I was trying to cover with 'For Your Entertainment'. The thing about 'If I Had You' is that it reflects what I'm really about, which is joy."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This disappoints me a bit, I mean I love the song, but I think some others would have been better. Like Strut, Music Again, or Sleepwalker (after that Leno performance how can I NOT think that?!) But either way, I'm happy for a third single

Anonymous said...

Adam, I think you have made a great choice for your next single...I think it is a lot about you and who you are..I like this song because it's so original and it doesn't sound like any other song..and if he does it right..he will get the crossover that he needs...but there's so much he can do with this song..so much creativity...can't wait...!

Anonymous said...

It's a younger, more current sounding song, so probably a good choice, but I like Strut better. And Sleepwalker best.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first post. This song is too bubble-gummy, fluffy. One of my least favorite on the album. How about a single with some balls - like Music Again or Fever? Love you, Adam - no matter what, though. Mwah!

Anonymous said...

I love all of his songs, but I think IIHY is a good choice for the next single. It gets in your head and stays there. Good radio song.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good song too. I think Adam and his band just needs to believe in it a little more