Skinpress Demo Rss

Good Housekeeping UK: Adam Lambert calls BS on toxic masculinity and discusses why beauty & gender is only skin deep

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Posted at : Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Good Housekeeping UK: Adam Lambert calls BS on toxic masculinity and discusses why beauty & gender is only skin deep

LINK TO THE INTERVIEW WITH ADAM: Adam Lambert calls BS on toxic masculinity and discusses why beauty & gender is only skin deep....

Adam Lambert - "The masses are understanding that masculinity can be toxic, that pushing it too hard or trying too hard to be a man has repercussions"


A QUOTE from the in depth interview: please go to the embedded link at the top of the page, or the link in the tweet to read the full interview..
"When I started ten years ago, I remember the way I felt about my relationship with masculinity and femininity. I felt like I had a point to prove. I was trying to make a statement because I didn’t see a lot of it and it was frustrating because I understood exactly what I was trying to say but I think it was misinterpreted at times. Nowadays, that whole conversation is definitely in the fore front and the masses are understanding that masculinity can be toxic, that pushing it too hard or trying too hard to be a man has repercussions. It puts a lot of stress on a young man regardless of sexuality. Trying to fit into this idea of what a man is can be so limited. I still don’t think these conversations are being talked about enough with young men and teenage boys. It’s incredibly important to give guys a break in those fundamental years."



Posted by @glitzylady for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS



1 comments:

Sunflower said...

I enjoyed reading this article! How times have changed since 2009. As a Glambert through Adams world we witnessed the changes!