Skinpress Demo Rss

VIDEO: Queen Official: #ThrowbackThursday: Rain In Brisbane!

Filed Under () by broddybounce on Thursday, March 12, 2020

Posted at : Thursday, March 12, 2020

Queen Official posted on its YouTube account this professionally shot and edited video showing scenes — onstage and off — of Queen + Adam Lambert's concert that took place in its entirety in the pouring rain at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane (AU) a month ago, February 13, 2020.


BONUS!  Brian May's Instagram about the show, which includes the end of "Crazy Little Thing Called Love":



View this post on Instagram

What did I say about rain ? Jeeez. ... probably the wettest gig we ever played. All the weather forecasts - even on the day - were completely, utterly wrong ... it changes everything, of course, and just plain endurance becomes a big part of the evening. But we WERE prepared to a degree. And somehow the sharing of this insane occasion breeds a strong feeling of brother and sisterhood ! And adding in a strong sense of humour the night became very special. Thanks folks - in all that torrential rain I don’t think one person relinquished their post !! Yeeeeeow !!! Bri (video : Pete !) 💥💥💥💥 And yes I did play my original Red Special tonight - I would never play a gig without her. And yes she and I both got very wet - and yes - it’s not good for either of us ! But - the Show Must Go On - and it was worth it to see those happy faces !! Bri
A post shared by Brian Harold May (@brianmayforreal) on

4 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

That show was a real toad-strangler, for sure! Adam's WWL that night was a amazing.

Sunflower said...

Queen/Adam afraid of rain? Never! Hahaha. Back in the early 70s I went with a group of girls to a outdoor concert at a Race Track. That show was cancelled for the reason of torrential rain, it rained before the show and the lightening was frightful. The group I went to see and the concert promoter didn't want anyone including the fans in any danger of Electrocution. Us young girls were sad but we understood. Grateful QAL were safe all around during this show! May I add doesn't Adam look sexy all wet? 😍

Rosemary White said...

There was a clip of Adam singing WWL in the rain at this concert and boy, did he look "down and dirty" singing it - hahaha, he looked and sounded FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Of course now I can't find that clip - damn it - so if someone has it or finds it, please post it on this blog!!!

I read somewhere that the rain stopped as soon as the concert finished!!! Well, the thankful thing is none of the band & crew became ill because of it, as far as I'm aware.

Nanbert said...

Dee R Gee....haha..."toad-strangler"? That's the first I've ever heard that expression! Had to look it up.

I'm constantly amazed at what you can find on the internet!....And everytime I start to ask a question, it finishes the sentence for me...really spooky!