Skinpress Demo Rss

Billboard: Adam Lambert: Love Letter to the LGBTQ Community

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Thursday, June 1, 2017

Posted at : Thursday, June 01, 2017




For Gay Pride Month, Billboard asked numerous pop culture luminaries to write 'love letters' to the LGBTQ community. Below, out-and-proud pop singer and rock wailer Adam Lambert shares his. Read more Pride Month love letters here.


I came up in the clubs and stages of Hollywood. I remember the joy of first feeling like I had found 'my kind of people.' I was finally bonding with like-minded aliens that dared to live outside the lines, and on their own terms. We celebrated each other. At 27, I auditioned for the show that would change my life and career forever. I had an amazing experience on American Idol. A dream come true. 
Suddenly, the ramifications of being a queer celebrity became overwhelming. I felt a responsibility to do the LGBTQ community proud and reflect our experience as honestly and openly as I could. However, in 2009, we were nowhere near how mainstream we are now. For some fans, I was their first time identifying with anyone queer. No pressure! There were challenges, double standards and prejudices to deal with. There were moments when I thought I may have bitten off more than I could chew. You know how I kept pushing forward? Besides being stubborn as hell? It was all the crazy dreamers I have known over the years.



Read the FULL ARTICLE HERE:
 

Adam Lambert: Love Letter to the LGBTQ Community


Posted by @Admin Fan for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS

 

2 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

Adam thinks, speaks and writes like a true poet. Bravo for this fine letter that speaks for so many. Glad I'm on the journey with him. The experience has been priceless and it's barely begun.

Nanbert said...

I'd like to think we Glamberts have helped by supporting him whenever he needed it.... and by learning about and spreading acceptance of the LBGTQ community. And I think Queen has had a big influence, also.